Home workout success??

Options
Untilproud11
Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
edited August 2016 in Success Stories
Hi all !
Im just statting my exercise program at home using online videos, i cant go to the gym as i have little ones and no babysitter, but i decided to wake up early and do 30 min of intense workout of my own , not sure if this will help as in the past i have always failed excercising but this time im using mfp so that's a big change :)
Feel free to send me any advice , before/after pics, workouts
Have u had success without going to gym?
Thx !!!

Replies

• Untilproud11
    Options
    Thx all !
  • Untilproud11
    Options
    sew205 wrote: »
    Fitnessblender, Jessica Smith, Popsugar for me. (And whatever else pops up that I like! I like variety.) I do 30 or more minutes a day, usually. Sometimes I add in a short video or two from Blogilates, but I prefer all-in-one videos that include a warm-up and cool down. I have some dumbbells, a physio ball, and a yoga mat, but you can do a lot of these with no equipment. I like to throw in some easy yoga, too - usually Yoga With Adriene. This approach has worked so well for me; no way would I get to a gym every day, and this is free and super-convenient. I enthusiastically endorse it!

If u don't mind me asking, How much did u loose in how long ?
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I just found yoga with a drin and I like it but I am on my 3rd attempt an's not through day 1...I get a bit farther each day and won't five up.

I have a pool and have been swimming and doing my own version of aqua fit. and just starting home weight lifting. I am down 40 pounds. I was walking before the heat came and will go back to walking in the fall. Jillian in tje winter. I get bored easy so I try and switch it up.

I'm feeling a bit like not exercising last couple days but that's the first time since I started my 7 I am enjoying home workout
  • MrsDogLady
    MrsDogLady Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I started in late March, using a generic WW Points system and I walk a mile a day. Doesn't sound too exciting a plan but I'm 56 and have lost 30 pounds. I've slacked last few weeks due to vacation (no gains yay...), so I'm back to my spreadsheet and walking my dog. Hope to be down another 15 by end of Oct.
  • Wophie
    Wophie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    100% try FitnessBlender on Youtube. They have so much variation you really can't get bored!

I have been using their videos for 30-40 minutes 3-4 times a week since the start of May and have noticed huge improvements in my fitness. I've also lost 1 stone 7lbs and FINALLY started to lose my stubborn arm fat!

My usual weekly plan is:

Monday: Cardio or HIIT video
    Wednesday: Legs with weights/body weight
    Friday: Arms with weights
    Sunday: Abs and cardio

(ps. I do also walk at least an hour a day - when I start driving I will likely add in another workout to my week)
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've only ever done home workouts and have had great success. The key is nutrition, so if you can dial that in, the workouts will only add to your success. I did the Jillian Michaels workouts with success and am now onto the 21 day fix workouts and they are great.

Good luck! You've got this!
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    I have set foot in the gym once to workout since I started in January and that was to help a friend get certified for teaching a new group class.

I did a lot of Fitness blender workouts in the beginning, then started You Are Your Own Gym. Last month I started Strong Curves at home. I've had to buy a fair amount of equipment: bench, step, dumbells, bar & plates, resistance bands...but it's all been worth every penny though since I hate the gym lol.

I've lost 42lbs so far and am 3lbs from my goal.

how do you like "you are your own gym" i'm starting this week and nervous about it a bit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!