Simple cars versus complex carbs

Options
Do I need to cut out simple carbs in recycling carbs days?

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    You question is not too clear for my Saturday's mind, and the title of your post and the question don't match, Could you please clarify?

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    No.
    But what are you trying to achieve by carb cycling?
  • aprilhusain
    aprilhusain Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ok.. I thought I'd give carb cycling a go. And have more carbs on training days and less on the other days. To loose some body fat , currently 25% bf. 5ft 1in and 50 kg. Just wondering if when you cut down carbs does it mean simple carbs like fruit and vegetables as well. Thanks.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Ok.. I thought I'd give carb cycling a go. And have more carbs on training days and less on the other days. To loose some body fat , currently 25% bf. 5ft 1in and 50 kg. Just wondering if when you cut down carbs does it mean simple carbs like fruit and vegetables as well. Thanks.

How was the body fat % calculated? Do you know for sure how accurate it is?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    There may be something in this article that will help you.

http://www.muscleforlife.com/the-definitive-guide-to-carb-cycling/
  • aprilhusain
    Options

Calculated it on the Internet based on sex and waist measurements and wrist and bicep measurements
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options

Calculated it on the Internet based on sex and waist measurements and wrist and bicep measurements

I doubt that is accurate and I wouldn't be relying on it. Do a visual, do you look flabby? What exercise are you currently doing? Weights?
  • aprilhusain
    Options
    No I'm toned. Tread meal and weights 3 x a week