What I told myself everyday to lose 182lbs

Options
Everyday I told myself before walking and running that there was a healthier, happier, stronger version of myself just out in front and I needed to catch him if I ever wanted to become him.

The other side of the coin was also telling myself that there was a less healthy, less happy, weaker, version of myself right behind me, and he was just one skipped workout, one cheat meal away from catching me.

Best of luck everyone and if you have anything similar that you say to yourself please share.

Replies

• Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Love these so much! Perspective is everything! What you have said resonates with me and will help motivate me to make better choices. Thank you both for sharing!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    How do you eat an elephant...........One bite at a time. This always works for me whenever I come up against something that seems insurmountable
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Mine is "no excuses." It's too easy to say "I'm too tired to work out" or "I had a stressful day, I deserve to lie around on the couch eating junk food" - you can always come up with an excuse not to stay on track. Don't let yourself get away with it!
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Looking to add and be added ;)