Help me

Options
sakshik01
sakshik01 Posts: 21 Member
Hi guys, so i started lee labradas lean body plan on 11th july. Ive been lifting 4 days a week for an hour as well as walking for an hour 5 days a week.. My calorie intake fluctuates between 1400-1700 calories depending on my weights days. My TDEE is 2000 so im in a constant deficit.
In my first ten days i dropped from 86.8 to 83kgs but since them ive pretty much fluctuated between 83-83.6.
I have lost 6 inches on my tummy and 3 inches on my weight in the past four weeks but shouldnt there be some kind of movement on the scale.. Specially when theres so much to lose.

Replies

• petey200745601
    petey200745601 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Youre losing inches! Thats way more important than the scale. Im sure you may have heard this before, but MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT! lol

So even if youre gaining a fraction of muscle compared to the fat youre losing, the scale wont do any justice.
    If you feel like your workouts aren't pushing you enough, mix it up and push yourself!
    Keep up the good work!
  • sakshik01
    Options
    Im busting my *kitten* in my workouts
  • Chimera2311
    Chimera2311 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. With lifting 4 days a week you are adding muscle - thus the inches. Forget the scale. Learn to look at the inches for the best gauge. Keep doing what you are doing it will totally be worth it. The muscle burns more calories than fat so the weight will start coming off. Your body wants to Maintain the status quo so don't give in to it.
  • sakshik01
    Options
    Thats really encouraging! Thanks so much!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

1. If it's been less than 3 weeks or so, don't sweat it! Normal fluctuations happen and unfortunately sometimes we stall for a week or two even when we're doing everything right. Give your body some time to catch up with the changes you're making.

2. If you aren't already, be sure that you're logging everything. Sometimes people forget about things like veggies, drinks, cooking oils, and condiments. For some people these can add up to enough to halt your weight loss progress.

3. Consider buying a food scale if you don't already have one. They're about $10-$20 dollars in the US and easily found at places like Amazon, Target, and Walmart. Measuring cups and spoons are great, but they do come with some degree of inaccuracy. A food scale will be more accurate, and for some people it makes a big difference.

4. Logging accurately also means choosing accurate entries in the database. There are a lot of user-entered entries that are off. Double-check that you're using good entries and/or using the recipe builder instead of someone else's homemade entries.

5. Recalculate your goals if you haven't lately. As you lose weight your body requires fewer calories to run. Be sure you update your goals every ten pounds or so.

6. If you're eating back your exercise calories and you're relying on gym machine readouts or MFP's estimates, it might be best to eat back just 50-75% of those. Certain activities tend to be overestimated. If you're using an HRM or activity tracker, it might be a good idea to look into their accuracy and be sure that yours is calibrated properly.

7. If you're taking any cheat days that go over your calorie limits, it might be best to cut them out for a few weeks and see what happens. Some people go way over their calorie needs without realizing it when they don't track.

8. If you weigh yourself frequently, consider using a program like trendweight to even out the fluctuations. You could be losing weight but just don't see it because of the daily ups and downs.

9. Some people just burn fewer calories than the calculators predict. If you continue to have problems after 4-6 weeks, then it might be worth a trip to the doctor or a registered dietitian who can give you more specific advice.
  • sakshik01
    Options
    This is brilliant and insightful! Thanks for taking the time to type it out!
  • GitRDone57
    GitRDone57 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Youre losing inches! Thats way more important than the scale. Im sure you may have heard this before, but MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT! lol

So even if youre gaining a fraction of muscle compared to the fat youre losing, the scale wont do any justice.
    If you feel like your workouts aren't pushing you enough, mix it up and push yourself!
    Keep up the good work!

This guy is CORRECT,,muscle does weigh more than fat. I ran into this myself-clothes were getting bigger but scale wasnt co operating. I found weighing in ev 4 days was awesome , it was more encouraging to me then evday let downs. Also found drinking 5 bottles (500 ml) each of water per day helps tremendously and walking........I have lost 15 lbs in 7 weeks and I am happy with that becuz its coming off gradually...easier to keep it off........Good Luck
  • sakshik01
    Options
    Totally agree with you.. Id rather have it come off slow and steady so it stays off in the long run too