Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    omelets for breakfast with turkey sausage
    protein shakes after working out
    chicken breast, fish fillets, lean beef (etc) for lunch and dinner
    Greek yogurt or cottage cheese as snacks

I typically eat around 40% of my calories from protein by starting my meals with the above, and then just adding fruits, veggies, etc. to the protein.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    meat, meat, and more meat, and eggs and egg whites too
    chicken is best, lean steak is ok, but much higher calorie
    if you can't eat it all, protein shakes ahoy!!!!
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, so this is always a problem.... Almonds, hemp seeds, egg whites, goat cheese, lactaid....
  • sbrouillet
    sbrouillet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Chicken, Eggs, Peanut Butter
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Eggs for breakfast
    Yoghurt and protein powder
    Cottage cheese (with fruit and honey)
    Cheese, milk, blackbeans, nuts, lentils
    Peanut butter
    Protein shakes :)

Most things most days, I'm a vegie so no meat :)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Cheese, tempeh, greek yogurt, soy milk, nonfat plain yogurt, protein powder, beans, cappuccinos, peanut butter, and minute amounts from other sources, like my bread!
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Mostly milk, protein shakes, fish or chicken
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    eggs, chicken and greek yogurt top my list. Pork tenderloin is really high in protein too and low in calories.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes, nuts, lean meat, eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, hummus, skim milk
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    chicken, turkey, greek yogurt, nuts, protein drinks/bars.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    I get mine from natural sources like eggs, lean chicken breast, peanut butter. I'm not a huge fan of the protein drinks because most of them taste like &*#$ and are so loaded up with aspartame and carbs that its (IMO) doing more harm than good to my system.
  • arbonnefit
    arbonnefit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use Arbonne's Vegan Protein Shakes ~ I also use farm fresh eggs and organic meat :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    eggs, fish, chicken, some red meat
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Too easy...

Cheese, egg whites, chicken and Greek yogurt.
  • curlytop89
    curlytop89 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    egg whites, lean pork. I like the special K protein shakes which are convenient when I am in a hurry (10gms) and I also like the special K protein plus cereal. Fairly lowcal and I usually eat 1 1/2 portions at a time and that is 15 gms of protein not counting the milk you add to it and 150 calories. Good luck.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Just looking for some ideas!
    Thank you!

Builder's Bars--they're a multi-tasking wonder for me--high protein, low glycemic, with fiber and some potassium in there, they fill me up, and they satisfy my desire for chocolate. I haven't had (or craved) a candy bar in months since I started having a Builder Bar every day. I also do a good bit of fish and boneless, skinless chicken, beans, tuna, and have been known to have an omelet with cheese and salsa now and then. Oh, and cheese. Sometimes I just nibble on a bit of cheese.

Kris
  • lectersmeal
    Options
    Shakes -- Oh Yeah! brand. I'm really picky about the taste of protein shakes, and these are the only ones. They have about 32g of protein
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    My protein intake mostly comes from whey protein + milk, egg whites, and fish. I always seem to overdose on protein but it doesn't bother me one bit. =)
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of meat; red meat is out since I have problems digesting it. I do chicken once in awhile; I get my protein from tuna, beans, legumes, yogurt & occasionally protein powder. I will set up my crock pot in the morning with some dry beans, seasoning (no salt ~ Mrs Dash) and water & let it go. When I get home from work or my workout, the beans are usually ready to go & I have controlled the sodium count by doing it myself. I rarely use canned beans because of the sodium.

One pouch of Chicken of the Sea light tuna in water has 17 grams of protein; I love it wrapped in lettuce leaves with a little spicy mustard and dill pickle on it. It fills me up & I do not even miss the bread; plus, it is around 100 calories!
  • JoeyC07
    JoeyC07 Posts: 42
    Options
    omelets for breakfast with turkey sausage
    protein shakes after working out
    chicken breast, fish fillets, lean beef (etc) for lunch and dinner
    Greek yogurt or cottage cheese as snacks

I typically eat around 40% of my calories from protein by starting my meals with the above, and then just adding fruits, veggies, etc. to the protein.

bump