Replies

• deadliftsandnoodles
    deadliftsandnoodles Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    UK here
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Newcastle and I have a lot of other UK people on my friends list. I love my American friends and all the people from other countries I've met but the time difference means sometimes there's nobody to chat to :)

Yes the time difference can be a problem except when your a night owl like me .

Being a night owl is usually handy when talking to USAians, since they're usually 5-8 hours behind us. It's teatime there, right now!
  • Carbybarbie
    Carbybarbie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    UK here

Hello there deadlifts , where in the UK?
  • Carbybarbie
    Options
    ouryve wrote: »
    Hi, I'm from Newcastle and I have a lot of other UK people on my friends list. I love my American friends and all the people from other countries I've met but the time difference means sometimes there's nobody to chat to :)

Yes the time difference can be a problem except when your a night owl like me .

Being a night owl is usually handy when talking to USAians, since they're usually 5-8 hours behind us. It's teatime there, right now!

Yes, I have a lot of friends on Facebook from the USA
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    Options
    UK here

Outskirts of London, northerner by default though!
  • Carbybarbie
    edited August 2016
    Options
    UK here

My daughter lives in Farnborough she's been there over 10 yrs but still thought of as the northerner. You never really loose the accent or at least she hasn't
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    Options
    UK here

My daughter lives in Farnborough she's been there over 10 yrs but still thought of as the northerner. You never really loose the accent or at least she hasn't

I'm in Kent.. Still have the accent, the southerners love it haha
  • chrislo2691
    chrislo2691 Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    A guy I work with is from Sheffield and has lived down here for some time, still has his accent though his family now think he sounds posh...
  • Carbybarbie
    Options
    A guy I work with is from Sheffield and has lived down here for some time, still has his accent though his family now think he sounds posh...

I think my daughter sounds posh but then she has a few glasses of wine and Manchester creeps back
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    Options
    Yeah my accent gets more prominent when drunk or talking with a fellow manc! I miss the northerner life but I didn't choose the thug life
  • Carbybarbie
    Options
    Can't beat the Manchester music scene though
  • Carbybarbie
    Options
    And cheap decent booze
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    Options
    And cheap decent booze

I went Manchester for the first time in years 3 months ago, forgot how friendly it was. Couple of cougars started talking to me at Yates in printworks, even paid for my cider. Must have been the suit
  • Carbybarbie
    Options
    And cheap decent booze

I went Manchester for the first time in years 3 months ago, forgot how friendly it was. Couple of cougars started talking to me at Yates in printworks, even paid for my cider. Must have been the suit

Is cougars like a nice young man in a suit
  • Carbybarbie
    Options
    And cheap decent booze

Is cougars like a nice young man in a suit

*us cougars
  • Carbybarbie
    Options
    Any more chatters please ?
  • toadlet66
    toadlet66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    West Yorkshire here
  • carldutton841
    carldutton841 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Stoke on Trent here
  • carldutton841
    carldutton841 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Hi I'm from Stoke on Trent
  • Carbybarbie
    Options

Hi I'm from Stoke on Trent

Hey my sister lives in stoke . think she lives in Blurton now used to live in Herron cross previously. Nice to meet you