Anyone else LOOOOOVE roasted marshmallows?

Options
Is it okay to eat them everyday? I'm way under my calorie goal everyday, so I wasn't sure it was okay or not.

LOL ever since my husband taught me how to make a roasted marshmallow over the stove burner, I seem to want them every day!

Replies

• chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG LOVELOVELOVETHEM
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Is it okay to eat them everyday? I'm way under my calorie goal everyday, so I wasn't sure it was okay or not.

LOL ever since my husband taught me how to make a roasted marshmallow over the stove burner, I seem to want them every day!
    Please share! How do you do it Yu-mmy! There are tons of healthly people on here who will go on and on about how horrible it is and how you should never ever put that junk in your body, I personally feel when I take that all out approach I fail I say if you love it and it's a great treat for you go for it! Enjoy! And please do tell....how do you do it? :)
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    yum... i have an electric stove.... sigh.. i love gas burners for that reason... roasted mellows with out the camfire.
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If you sit me in front of a fire with a bag of marshmallows...you're not likely to get any at all...I WILL eat the whole bag in one sitting. DO NOT make me in charge of the marshmallow bag...
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    LOVE them, too, but they are pure sugar! Definitely a "once in awhile treat," at least for me. And is ANYTHING as good as roasting them over charcoal?:smile:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I roast them over the grill lighte0r (the ones you hold in your hand to light grills with), but it's been a while. Have been craving them for over a month now. Tempted to cave & buy these guys:
    http://www.amazon.com/Nouba-Marshmallows-Sugar-Gluten-Marshmellow/dp/B0029EICWS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1310000583&sr=8-6
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THEM TOO!!! I burn mine (on purpose lol). I have a small snack everyday. I dont see anything wrong with it.
  • brattyworm
    Options
    I LOVE THEM TOO!!! I burn mine (on purpose lol). I have a small snack everyday. I dont see anything wrong with it.
    i thought burning them was the purpose to roasting them lol.
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options

Please share! How do you do it Yu-mmy! There are tons of healthly people on here who will go on and on about how horrible it is and how you should never ever put that junk in your body, I personally feel when I take that all out approach I fail I say if you love it and it's a great treat for you go for it! Enjoy! And please do tell....how do you do it? :)

If you have a gas burner it's easier. But I have a glass-top stove. You roast it the same way, just have to put it really close the glass & slowly spin. =) Takes a little longer but sooooooo worth it! =D
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    yum... i have an electric stove.... sigh.. i love gas burners for that reason... roasted mellows with out the camfire.

So do i! =) You can do it, just put it closer to the stovetop
  • brattyworm
    Options

hee hee.. guess what i'm going to try in a few hours when i get home lol. i am so gonna try it.
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    i thought burning them was the purpose to roasting them lol.

I think she means on fire

When I was little I'd put them on fire and see how far i could fling them, sooooooooo not safe. lol now i just prefer to eat them! =P
  • myiceisonfire
    Options

hee hee.. guess what i'm going to try in a few hours when i get home lol. i am so gonna try it.

I put my heat up all the way & put it close to the burner... just dont touch it to the glass =P not easy to clean up lol
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I love roasted marshmallows! and roasted peeps too!
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    I love roasted marshmallows! and roasted peeps too!

oh man i've never even thought of that! I HAVE to try that. why do peeps have to be out of season gr!