Apples....

Options
msmindyf
msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
I just 'discovered' Jazz Apples at my local grocery and am in love!! :love: I normally eat Gala, but I've been looking for a different flavor. I know to some, an apple is an apple..but, not to me. The flesh of the Jazz isn't as solid, but has a puckering effect(tho not as bad as a granny smith). Just thought I'd share it's goodness :-)

However, if I lived in a bigger city where the varieties are in abundance, I also love Pink Lady or Honeycrisp :-)

Replies

• KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Apples are definitely not apples...hehehe Jazz is a GREAT apple. Have you tried Pink Lady apples? Those are my personal favs!

Thank you for sharing the goodness of the Jazz apples with us!

ttfn
    Kyle
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Pink lady are really good. I typically am a gala apple person too cause I don't like the really tart apples unless I am cooking with them.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Woooah man Jazz apples are my FAVORITE! They are everything I could ever hope to ask in an apple.
  • Jodi_O
    Jodi_O Posts: 32
    Options
    I love granny smith with salt sprinked on. YUM-O!
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    I'll have to try those! I always get gala...SO GOOD.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I have never tried a jazz apple before!! I'm usually a gala girl!
  • nsciambi
    nsciambi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Jazz apples are my favorite! The texture is simply amazing.
  • slenderwoman
    slenderwoman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What kind a apple is a Jazz apple? I used to work in an apple orchard and have never heard of it. Is is a sweet or tart apple? Can it be used in baking or is it better for eating? I love apples and am looking a new, tart eating apple to try as I am getting bored with eating Granny Smith and Braeburn all the time.

I also love Honey Crisp apples. Honey Crisps were almost always our best seller at the orchard.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Mindy, If you like Honeycrisp apples, you will love Sweet Tango apples. Developed by the University of Minnesota (which also developed the Honeycrisp) the Sweet Tango is a cross between the Honey Crisp and a Zestar. The result is a sweet tangy apple that isn't too tart. They are VERY hard to find, even in MN cuz they are a brand new variety. I tasted one once and was blown away. Haven't been able to find them since last fall. Check with growers in your area if anyone grows them where you live.