Looking for motivators my age . . .

Options
I'm new to MFP and I'm looking for men/women my age that can inspire me, keep me motivated and to know the struggles I'm having with some issues in life. I will be 50 this year . . . :sad: !

Not that I don't want to hear from the 'youngins' too, it's just that someone my age can understand more of what I'm going thru because they are probably going thru it too.

Anyway, I'm hoping to meet and make a lot of new friends here . . . young and old. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• whitneykt
    whitneykt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and I'm looking for men/women my age that can inspire me, keep me motivated and to know the struggles I'm having with some issues in life. I will be 50 this year . . . :sad: !

Not that I don't want to hear from the 'youngins' too, it's just that someone my age can understand more of what I'm going thru because they are probably going thru it too.

Anyway, I'm hoping to meet and make a lot of new friends here . . . young and old. :flowerforyou:
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Ok, Did you just call me old??? :laugh: I will me 50 in March. I joined MFP in July 2008 at 224 lbs and as of yesterday I have gotten down to 204 lbs. Goal weight for me is 200 lbs. I have been almost perfect in keeping my food diary and have found that is what works for me. Helps me focus on watching what I eat and how much I eat. This works, it really is a life style change.

Great support system here, good luck on your journey!!! :drinker:
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
  • whitneykt
    Options
    ce-fit - she is georgous!! Aren't grandkids special? We have two - a girl (11 going on 30) and a boy (16 mths). Looks like we are both trying to get healthy by the time we hit the big 50 and NO I didn't call you old. :noway: Cuz that would be calling me old . . . and I know that isn't true. :laugh:
  • OZZMUS
    OZZMUS Posts: 8
    Options
    Well I guess I am in the club... I will be 50 next week. Support from others is very important. I am lucky in that my GF likes the same foods as I do and works hard at the process along side me. It is frustrating to her to see me burn off 22#s in 6 weeks while she only sees a pound or 2 a week loss. I know I can see the difference in her even with the slower loss. The best advice I have is stick to the diary and look at the progress often. I am a data guy and I love seeing results in the reports not to mention dropping 2 waist sizes since the begining of Dec.

A great motivation for us 50ish people is being around to hold our wonderful grand children (twin girls here) :smile: I also want to be a positive role model for them as they mature and deal with wellness and fitness.

I made it 10 miles jogging today... 6 weeks ago a mile had me huffing and puffing. Hang in there it gets easier!!!!
  • whitneykt
    Options
    Another grandpa! Awww!!

10 miles!!!???!!! WOW!!! and in only 6 wks! WOW again!!!!

I can already tell a different in my breathing since I quit smoking 12-18-08 when I work on the treadmill. I am never out of breath . . . even when I try to run . . . which I can only do a minute at a time at this point.
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am not your age but I saw a group for 50 plus women. That might be what your looking for! Good luck in your weight loss journey and congrats on the not smoking!
  • whitneykt
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check it out!

WAIT!! Groups? Where are the groups??:frown: