Because I am annoyed - What Is The Point?

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Maybe it's people saying what they started to do that helped them stay in a calorie deficit. That is great advice for general diet and weight loss.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I guess when I've said "losing weight is easy because CICO", I really mean "losing weight is easier this time around since I don't have to follow several ridiculous rules and restrict my intake heavily".
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    I did not find losing weight easy or effortless
    I did not eat whatever I wanted
    I did not log every bite, lick and taste perfectly

I did go through stalls and plateaus
    I did omit my trigger foods
    I did get pissed off at weight fluctuations
    I did make a few changes

Honesty is good. I'll add that the delays were my own damned fault. When I follow the rules weight loss happens like clock work. The beauty is that I can spend a Sunday evening (like I'm doing right now) drinking craft beer knowing that if I ignore the scale until Tuesday morning I'll still show a loss because my "on" days are dialed in.
  • faurotann
    faurotann Posts: 405 Member

I did make a few changes

This.

When people say it's easy I want to just shoot right back........"well if it's so easy, how did you get so fat in the first place? It's not rocket science. Just why are you here on MFP anyway?"

But I don't because I know they don't mean it that way. They're just celebrating their own success.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    rankinsect wrote: »
    LokiGrrl wrote: »
    I've been seeing a lot of threads on this forum where people talk about how it was so easy for them to lose weight and there were no issues and it required very few changes and was no challenge and they eat whatever the hell they want and keep losing weight and everything is so goddamn great they're practically living on the moon.

I don't understand the point of posting these threads on the General Diet and Weight Loss Help forum. Perhaps they'd be appropriate for the Success Stories forum? Otherwise, to me, it just seems like crowing about how awesome you are, which is not helpful.

I admit I have a jaundiced eye toward this sort of thing, but I think it's counterproductive, and I don't have a lot of patience for people who post that sort of thing on this particular forum. Possibly I'm just a grumpy *kitten*, and if so I'll STFU, but I'd like to see more general diet and weight loss help.

I don't know, I think this message is a good one for people to hear. I don't think it's bragging, I think it's a good way to counter the very prevalent perception that weight loss or dieting needs to include a lot of suffering and sacrifice. Suffering through a diet you can't stand is probably one of the largest causes of yo-yo dieting out there - coming to the realization that it doesn't need to be that hard is an important step in breaking out of that cycle of loss and gain.

This. A thousand times this!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member

I did make a few changes

Honesty is good. I'll add that the delays were my own damned fault. When I follow the rules weight loss happens like clock work. The beauty is that I can spend a Sunday evening (like I'm doing right now) drinking craft beer knowing that if I ignore the scale until Tuesday morning I'll still show a loss because my "on" days are dialed in.

Oh definitely. I know exactly what to do to lose weight (and i also know what caused my stalls), the concept is simple. Following through and remaining vigilant, accurate and strong/willpower is the hard part.

The main reason i know i am never going to regain the weight i lost back is... I am never, ever going through this dieting crap again!! Once is enough thank you very much :confounded:
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    edited August 2016
    I think that some people just find it easier to stick to an eating plan, and over time, it becomes "easy". I really like the eating/exercise plan that I've worked out, and although it was tough at the beginning, it's now more like a routine.

I do know the posts you're talking about though. The ones where people crow about eating ice cream and chocolate every day, and still losing weight? Or insert whatever food it is that we think is forbidden. The thing is, every single food is okay to eat, as long as it fits within your calorie goal. I make room daily for a cocktail (3z vodka +soda) in the evening, and it truly does get me through the day and makes it seem easier.
  • ivylyon
    ivylyon Posts: 172 Member
    I've found weight loss to be a SIMPLE process (CICO - Calories In, Calories Out), but I wouldn't call it EASY.
  • Christine_72
    ivylyon wrote: »
    While we're having a whinge ;-)
    I get sick of the threads that along the lines of "post something about the person above" in the general help forum. I don't see the point of these threads anyway and especially not if they are in the general feed, but, hey ho.

Are you sure it's not in the chitchat section? I've blocked it, so i don't see any of it anymore.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited August 2016
    If the job weren't broken down in to manageable bits, who would dare start?

Weight loss is a long game so it has to be made as pleasurable (or least unpleasant) as possible.

It should not be made more complicated than it needs to be, and reducing the daily calorie intake is as simple as it can get.

The struggle is in habit change I would say.

PS Often the grumpies come from needless deprivation (as in, no more chocolates for eternities).
  • LokiGrrl
    LokiGrrl Posts: 156 Member
    Oooh I would die without chocolate. I eat dark chocolate on the reg! I dunno what made me so grouchy last night, maybe I'm just turning into a crotchety old lady, LOL. Most of the time I really do shrug things off when they annoy me, but once in a while I become Oscar.
  • Christine_72
    Oooh I would die without chocolate. I eat dark chocolate on the reg! I dunno what made me so grouchy last night, maybe I'm just turning into a crotchety old lady, LOL. Most of the time I really do shrug things off when they annoy me, but once in a while I become Oscar.

Too late now, you can't unring the bell :tongue:

I've seen many ranty mcrant threads and posts on here, sometimes you just gotta vent :+1:
  • LokiGrrl

I've seen many ranty mcrant threads and posts on here, sometimes you just gotta vent :+1:

Glad folks are forgiving in this neck of the woods, then!
  • Christine_72

Glad folks are forgiving in this neck of the woods, then!

I think many people can relate to your post.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Well I ate ice cream every single night during my losing and continue during maintaining.
    I'm not saying it to " crow" I'm saying it so people understand that weight loss comes down to calories.
    Again jealousy is counterproductive.

• LokiGrrl
    Well I ate ice cream every single night during my losing and continue during maintaining.
    I'm not saying it to " crow" I'm saying it so people understand that weight loss comes down to calories.
    Again jealousy is counterproductive.

Who said anything about jealousy?
  • Christine_72
    One thing that annoys me, and it's not their fault is when people say "I eat back ALL of my fitbit calories and lose exactly at the rate i chose". My fitbit overestimates by quite a bit, if i ate back all of my exercise calories I'd be putting on weight pretty quickly.

Again, absolutely not having a go at these people. I'm just more annoyed that I can't eat them all back.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    One thing that annoys me, and it's not their fault is when people say "I eat back ALL of my fitbit calories and lose exactly at the rate i chose". My fitbit overestimates by quite a bit, if i ate back all of my exercise calories I'd be putting on weight pretty quickly.

Again, absolutely not having a go at these people. I'm just more annoyed that I can't eat them all back.

I hear you. I have the charge HR and anxiety that causes the hr to go haywire. Once, the anxiety was such a doozy that fit bit thought I went for a bike ride....at 3:30am. I tend to eat back up to 50%. Actually, I haven't got my fit bit linked to mfp anymore and just add purposeful exercise.
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    jrulo16 wrote: »
    @Bearbo27 look up Halo Top ice cream. It is 240-280 per pint and doesn't taste like sadness. Tell your local grocery store to stock it, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks, I will definitely look into this :)