Brand new - anyone else need to lose 100+ pounds? Would love some friends!

Options
Hi, I'm Cathy and I just joined MFP yesterday. I had never heard of it before, and when I had my annual physical on Thursday my doctor told me about it. I am in a great place emotionally, and ready to do this, and for me the mental commitment is what keeps me going. I currently weigh 286 lbs and want to ultimately reach 150. Three years ago I made it down to 220, but I put it all back on. I know it could take me a few years to reach my goal, but I'm ready.
If you have already lost, or need to lose over 100 lbs I'd love to connect. I'm a great cheerleader for others so let's travel this journey together. If you comment here I'll send you a friend request. Thank you so much!!

Replies

• cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm working on losing 100+ pounds if you want to add me.
  • theinvisible630
    theinvisible630 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to loose 100 pounds, I currently weigh 280 and I wanna weigh 160, would love to join if you want.
  • ddentzau
    ddentzau Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have a little over 100 I want/need to lose.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I too am looking to lose 100 pounds. I've lost 56, 40 on my own before joining. Feel free to add me.
  • Love2Walk800
    Love2Walk800 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me....I just started also and need to lose 100+. Would love to connect with some people with the same goals :smile:
  • janicechilders15
    janicechilders15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new too! Roughly 100 to lose. Have lost 17. Looking to connect with likeminded folks as well!!! Good luck!
  • notquittingthistime1984
    Options
    I need to lose about 150ish. Adding everyone here, and anyone else can add me!
  • moriartym25
    moriartym25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have around 100lbs to lose and I could really use some friends. Feel free to add me so we can support each other through this!!
  • jengraham364
    jengraham364 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 pounds to lose. Please feel free to add me for support :)
  • pshuckleberry
    pshuckleberry Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, everyone! I'm in this club and working at it, 23 pounds down.
  • FutureMidwife84
    FutureMidwife84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I'm 32lbs down but still have a long way to go!
  • jackjb2
    jackjb2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I was 290 with 100 to lose. Thirty gone so far. Add me please
  • BettyWoodlock
    BettyWoodlock Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi CathyFulla150 my goal is to lose 145 lbs. Lost 21lb. Anyone wants to add me for support & motivation feel free to add me!
  • UntangledSkein
    UntangledSkein Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 100+. I log daily and my diary is open. Feel free to add me.
  • CathyFullan150
    CathyFullan150 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone - this is all very exciting. Having support is so important, so it's going to be great to see us all shrink together. I know there will be days when it's hard for me, so if you can keep me going, I promise I'll do the same for you if you ever need a shoulder. :)
  • vacnewbury
    vacnewbury Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cathy,
    I just started the appThursday trying to figure it out. I go the gym everyday . I'm looking to loose 100 plus pounds. I'll give everyone as much support as needed. We can do this together. I'm also battling some health issue . I got diagnose with breast cancer last April and had my breast removed . I now have implants and having multiple surgeries along the way. So the gym is my outlet. Let's do this together