Thrive, Shakeology, Quest Protein Shakes and Bars - What do you do?

Options
Does anyone use Thrive or Shakeology? I've been using Quest protein shakes and bars. I've been told that with Thrive and Shakeology that you get energy. That is what I'm looking for! Yes, I need to lose weight (hence the use of the quest), but I am desperate to increase my energy level! Does Thrive or Shakeology help with this?? Thanks!!

Replies

• jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I don't use any of those things. My energy comes from being sufficiently rested, and coffee :-)

Also, quest isn't a magic bullet to weight loss. Protein can definitely help, but CI<CO is the fundamental part of weight loss.
  • missrebekahleigh
    missrebekahleigh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eating the right food will give you energy, working out will give you energy. You don't need expensive MLM products. Don't fall for that crap. You lose weight from a calorie deficit. Calories in vs calories out.
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Cheaper Quest bar alternative: https://www.amazon.com/Protein-Kirkland-Signature-delicious-variety/dp/B01GSL9KAU/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1465708945&amp;sr=8-3-fkmr1&amp;keywords=Kirkland+Signature™+Protein+Bar.

I was loyal Quest fan for a while and I still like their products, but the cost was getting to me.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    mcgrad2003 wrote: »
    Does anyone use Thrive or Shakeology? I've been using Quest protein shakes and bars. I've been told that with Thrive and Shakeology that you get energy. That is what I'm looking for! Yes, I need to lose weight (hence the use of the quest), but I am desperate to increase my energy level! Does Thrive or Shakeology help with this?? Thanks!!

You get energy from those the same way you get "energy" from an energy drink. Caffeine. A 15 oz can of Monster has 161 mg of caffeine, a can of Pepsi Max has 69mg. An 8 oz cup of coffee has 91 mg.

Now, when Shakeology came out with their Cafe Latte flavor, they said their caffeine comes from green tea, and that it contains 75% less caffeine than a cup of coffee, making it about 22mg of caffeine per serving, same as all their other flavors. Not a whole lot of "energy."

If you've just started, it's not uncommon to feel a little tired. Losing weight in general helps with energy levels, and as you increase your activity levels, you'll probably find you have more energy. Give it some time.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I make a coffee smoothie with quest powder in the morning. 1/2 scoop Quest, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 cup cold coffee, 4 ice cubes, 1/2 tsp zanthan gum, and 1tsp ground chia seeds blended well. If you want it to be more of a meal, use a whole scoop and whole banana.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    jeichelb83 wrote: »
    Cheaper Quest bar alternative: https://www.amazon.com/Protein-Kirkland-Signature-delicious-variety/dp/B01GSL9KAU/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1465708945&amp;sr=8-3-fkmr1&amp;keywords=Kirkland+Signature™+Protein+Bar.

I was loyal Quest fan for a while and I still like their products, but the cost was getting to me.

I tried the kirkland one. Too sweet for me, and not the flavors I'd choose. But the nutrition profile is comparable for much less money, definitely.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I absolutely do not recommend any type of product sold by a multilevel marketing company. The products often contain unsafe ingredients and are nutritionally unsound, and you pay twice what they are worth. You can get a good quality protein product at the store or at reputable online stores for much less money.
  • hbg11
    hbg11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    MCGRAD2003 ~ check the site out and if you have any questions please ask. https://thrivecompanylv.le-vel.com/Experience. I would love to help, my name is Heather, my husband and I take it. He has for about 9 months, works outside all day and loves the energy and I have since March of 2015. I feel so much better because of it. I haven't even tried to sell it so do not feel I am selling you, but since you asked her I thought to tell you I use it and I love it. This round I am using it more for weight loss. I started taking it for reasons other than weight loss last year. I had some health issues before that it helped me with now it assists with getting my butt to the gym on the regular. It provides more benefits than just weight loss, depends on you and your goals. My name is Heather and I am not a producer I just know it works for me for the energy and joint support and sleep benefits of it, check it out.
  • klemburg11
    klemburg11 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have drank Shakeology and I don't feel like I have any more energy than I do when I have a cup of coffee. It mostly gives you more vitamins. Maybe that's just me cause most of my friends swear by it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    hbg11 wrote: »
    MCGRAD2003 ~ check the site out and if you have any questions please ask. https://thrivecompanylv.le-vel.com/Experience. I would love to help, my name is Heather, my husband and I take it. He has for about 9 months, works outside all day and loves the energy and I have since March of 2015. I feel so much better because of it. I haven't even tried to sell it so do not feel I am selling you, but since you asked her I thought to tell you I use it and I love it. This round I am using it more for weight loss. I started taking it for reasons other than weight loss last year. I had some health issues before that it helped me with now it assists with getting my butt to the gym on the regular. It provides more benefits than just weight loss, depends on you and your goals. My name is Heather and I am not a producer I just know it works for me for the energy and joint support and sleep benefits of it, check it out.
    Your post links to Amy Pulte, a thrive distributer. But thanks for emphasizing my point.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    hbg11 wrote: »
    Your post links to Amy Pulte, a thrive distributer. But thanks for emphasizing my point.

The link goes directly to the Thrive website.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    This thread alone should tell you all you need to know about MLM products like Thrive and Shakeology. Think about this. If I come here asking opinions about a protein drink like maybe EAS Whey singles, I get a few responses and maybe a couple who tried it. If I ask about an MLM product, suddenly a salesperson shows up trying to sell it to you. You already got 2 sales pitches in this one thread...