Support group for 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• VanessaMay1
    Options
    I did day 2 today, it is awesome. Ill join you!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    My stats are as follows:

Current weight: 133 (in maintenance)
    5'10
    Also doing C25K 3 days per week
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I'm a little more along; did Day 11 today. I'm still on Level 1 and will probably stay there for the 30 days; still have some areas I'm weaker in. I wanted to say though that it is awesome and REALLY works. I am already seeing a HUGE difference in my body! I could use some extra support and motivation as it gets hard some days to do it; I generally do it 5 days out of the week.
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I will be starting Lvl 1, Day 4 tonight! I would love to help you through it!

I'm also on Level 1 Day 4 tonight. It gets easier don't worry. The morning after I did the first day I could hardly get up/down the steps. LOL or sit down on the toilet. =P.... Today I woke up in almost no pain at all!

I got 5lb weights and they are KILLING me when i do it. Wish i had gotten 3lb but in the end the 5lb will help more.

Also just want to warn you the side lunges with arm raises are killer! But YOU CAN DO IT! =D

Yes, I really dislike those side lunges with arm raises too! I find that the most difficult of all the exercises!

I do it with 5lb weights too, it's rugged! My least favorite part though is the bicycle crunches (can't remember exactly what she calls'em) but those side lunges with arm raises are beast too!

I'm only on day 2 (day 3 tomorrow). I plan on doing it every day if I can. :D It'll be rough, but with encouragement and support, I think we can all do it. :D
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    im burning 305calories per round, wats everyone else burning do you know??

I don't have an HRM at the moment so I can only use MFP's estimate ("Circuit training, general" set at 20 minutes) which gives me 226.
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm done with day 1 and 2. It is a lot harder than it looks. I knew it was going to be hard but I was surprised at how fast I started to hurt.
  • jamhamm
    jamhamm Posts: 7
    Options
    Way to go RubyRed! I just did level 2 day 2, but didn't do as well with level 2 as I did yesterday... couldn't finish the last circuit. :o(
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options

I'm also on Level 1 Day 4 tonight. It gets easier don't worry. The morning after I did the first day I could hardly get up/down the steps. LOL or sit down on the toilet. =P.... Today I woke up in almost no pain at all!

I got 5lb weights and they are KILLING me when i do it. Wish i had gotten 3lb but in the end the 5lb will help more.

Also just want to warn you the side lunges with arm raises are killer! But YOU CAN DO IT! =D
    ITA about the side lunges and arm raises. Those get me every time!!!
  • junipuni
    Options
    Well, I planned on starting yesterday but it just got to be too late. I almost didn't do it tonight because of a headache. But I took some ibuprofen and as soon as I felt better I did level 1! I still love this workout. Actually, I hate level 2 and tend to only spend a couple days on it before going to level 3 but I am going to try and do 10 days of each level.

I will probably end up going longer than 30 consecutive days but my goal is to do 10 days of each level and try to do 5 days a week with a rest day on sunday and probably wednesday.
  • lildietitian
    lildietitian Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've had this DVD sitting on my shelf since last summer and haven't gotten to trying it... Now is the time. I'm so glad I found this thread!!

Question: How much space will I need around me?
  • ofthevalley
    Options
    I just finished Day 10 Level 1 about 30 minutes ago. I'll be honest, the jumping jacks followed by jump rope is the absolute worst for me. I have bad knees, both of them have tears and I brace up and do the DVD but OMH that circuit hurts lol. The side lunges and shoulder things hurt pretty good too. My butt kicks are now bouncing back kicks :( Stupid knees.
  • junipuni
    Options
    Hello! I've had this DVD sitting on my shelf since last summer and haven't gotten to trying it... Now is the time. I'm so glad I found this thread!!

Question: How much space will I need around me?
    I have a pretty small living room and it is just fine. I would sit down and watch it before doing it to get an idea of what you will be doing and how much space you will need but you should be fine. :)
  • junipuni
    Options
    Just finished day 2 of level 1. Definitely harder than yesterday but I did do one workout last night and one this morning so not much time in between.

We can do this!!!

So far I've made a big protein shake (1 scoop chocolate protein, 1 cup FF milk, 1 banana and LOTS of ice) and I drink half before I do this and half after I'm done. I am hoping this will help in some way. :)
  • joyfulthanks
    joyfulthanks Posts: 155
    Options
    I'm on day 10 of Level One, and the side lunges with shoulder raises STILL get me every time! It's not really the lunges that are the problem, it's those crazy shoulder raises. I must have really weak shoulders!
  • lildietitian
    Options
    Great! Thanks for the tip about space... I tried it today and did alright in my bedroom..

Protein shake sounds delicious. I had an apple and some cheese and lots of water for my recovery snack and boy did I need it!!
  • ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i just finished day 2 level one.. please add me!! i wanna play too!! :happy:
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Did D4L1 and I'm so tired. Waited till it was a little to late to do it, but wanted to get it in.
  • geenie18
    geenie18 Posts: 7
    Options
    I think I may try it soon, maybe not tonight, but soon! Good luck though!
  • lildietitian
    Options
    I did L1 on Friday and still can't climb stairs or sit comfortably today (sunday)... I'm really not that out of shape, or so I thought! Guess I'm just not used to the cardio (jumping jacks and jumping rope) ...URG!
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Well, I just finished day 8 (level one) and I'm happy to say it has gotten much easier! Sometimes I even use weights during the punches so I can feel like I'm actually working!

I have also noticed a HUGE difference in my outlook on life. I no longer feel overwhelmed and helpless. I wake up, exercise (first thing, so I don't make excuses) and I'm ready to go for the day. I often look around, wondering what I can do with all this new energy. Yes, it's still tough. Yes, I often want to just quit, but I keep pushing through and I'm happy to say.... I'm happy! :-)

This is a big change from the girl who put the dvd in the player, started, got overheated, turned the dvd off, and shelved it for over a month! :-) If I can do it, anyone can!