Replies

• Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I did 16 push ups on my knees today
  • brandigo
    brandigo Posts: 16
    Options
    EEk! push ups! ill do it though- my upper arms will thank me :happy: the initial test will be interesting...
  • brandigo
    brandigo Posts: 16
    Options
    more than expected... 20 (modified) pushups...with my (quarterback sized) 7 year old nephew offering to add some 'extra weight' to my back if i wanted- i graciously declined amidst 'slightly' deeper than normal breathing and laughing :wink:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    more than expected... 20 (modified) pushups...with my (quarterback sized) 7 year old nephew offering to add some 'extra weight' to my back if i wanted- i graciously declined amidst 'slightly' deeper than normal breathing and laughing :wink:

Awesome start!!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options

Great!!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options

great job!!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    initial test performed. i can do 7 military or 21 modified. not sure which one i want to start with. :)
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    initial test performed. i can do 7 military or 21 modified. not sure which one i want to start with. :)

up to you!! great start either way!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I will do my test after work today... about 6 hours from now!! Really curious to see how many I can do... any more than 5 will exceed my expectations!!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I will do my test after work today... about 6 hours from now!! Really curious to see how many I can do... any more than 5 will exceed my expectations!!

Ditto on testing after work. I'm expecting to be able to do 12-15 unmodified pushups.

I printed the little one-page booklet that has the full program, found here: http://hundredpushups.com/hpu_pocket.pdf
    It's very nifty!! (Instructions on how to cut/fold it are here: http://www.pocketmod.com/howto/
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Very handy Trent, thanks. I did 6, but not happy with form and don't want to start out over doing it. So I counted 3. Feel that's what I could do comfortably.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    I did 15. I might have been able to squeeze in a few more, but my form would've probably started to suffer.
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    Grumble grumble...
    I saw this website recently and I said that if someone makde a challenge to do this I was going to join it.

I'M IN!!

And I can do 20 modified puysh ups, badly. So I think that's my starting point.

I have HIIT tomorrow and Friday so I think I'll start the challenge Saturday, if that's okay. :)
  • fit_chica69
    fit_chica69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is one of my week points. Count me in...!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Grumble grumble...
    I saw this website recently and I said that if someone makde a challenge to do this I was going to join it.

I'M IN!!

And I can do 20 modified puysh ups, badly. So I think that's my starting point.

I have HIIT tomorrow and Friday so I think I'll start the challenge Saturday, if that's okay. :)

Whatever schedule works for you... I can't be too strict with myself on the schedule, I avoid setting myself up for failure!

BTW, 20 is great!
  • celric
    celric Posts: 6
    Options
    Count me in!

I have to do modified knee pushups at the moment due to toe surgery, but should be healed up to do military pushups after 6 weeks, so I can do it again then!

Did 38 modified for the test, after failing miserably in pain trying to do military pushups....darn toe.

But looking forward to doing this challenge with all of you.

Good luck everyone!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Did 38 modified for the test, after failing miserably in pain trying to do military pushups....darn toe.

look at you doing 38. whoot! whoot!
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Well I did my initial test with doing modified push-ups, I did 10. I actually tried doing military push ups first, I can do a couple, but I don't think I can actually go down far enough to be able to count them as good enough form. Therefore, I'm going to begin this challenge doing modified push-ups. Then after the first 6 weeks, maybe I'll be strong enough to do military pushups. Good luck to all. I will begin week 1 on monday!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Woohoo! Day 1 for those of us starting the challenge today (after testing on Wednesday). Have fun everyone! I'll be doing my pushups after work.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I did my test this morning and managed 10 good-form pushups. I'll start the actual program tonight! =)