Thrive, Shakeology, Quest Protein Shakes and Bars - What do you do?

Options
13»

Replies

• elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    bagge72 wrote: »
    elaineamj wrote: »
    Ack - 1000-1100 a day? For a man? That's really low - I'm not surprised you are tired. I was on 1200 cals a day + half my exercise calories (as a super short 5 ft tall woman) and after a few weeks, DH told me I was looking exhausted and was acting edgy all the time. I paid more attention and noticed I was feeling sleepier than normal during the day. I upped my intake to 1200 + all my exercise calories and felt MUCH better. It was nice to be fully awake again. plus I was still losing weight (maybe a little slower, but I was worried about losing too quickly anyway).

Maybe try eating more food? I'm not a fan of protein bars/shakes/supplements. They're fine and have their place - but wherever possible I prefer to eat a homecooked meal. I feel much more satiated with more volume.

Relax Jake from State Farm, she's a girl.

LOL - I wasn't paying enough attention. So sorry!

Even for a girl though, 1000-1100 is low, depending on height. At 5ft I am usually always the shortest adult in the room and had issues with fatigue at 1200 + half exercise cals. I have done many days at 1000 cals, but usually balance that out with higher cals on the weekends.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    mcgrad2003 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Thank you all for your input/advice! The reason that I mentioned using Quest to lose weight is because I've swapped out lunch to have a protein shake (with almond milk) or a protein bar. This was less calories than I was eating before and has helped in providing a calorie deficit. I've seen online about Thrive and Shakeology and people claiming their energy levels increased with the products. I am just SOOOO tired all of the time! I've been to the doctor and everything with me is fine. That's why I was thinking of trying Thrive or Shakeology. I know that exercise helps, and I'm trying to get back to it.

you are tired because you have swapped out real food with shakes, and are probably consuming an insanely low amount of calories..
    how many calorie are you consuming per day?

1000 to 1100 a day

that is why you do not have any energy ...

did you set MFP to lose one pound or two pounds per week?

is that 1100 to 12000 with or without exercise calories?
  • cmtristani
    cmtristani Posts: 117 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

1000 to 1100 a day

You just found your answer to the low energy question...
  • lindsayschultz19
    lindsayschultz19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input/advice! The reason that I mentioned using Quest to lose weight is because I've swapped out lunch to have a protein shake (with almond milk) or a protein bar. This was less calories than I was eating before and has helped in providing a calorie deficit. I've seen online about Thrive and Shakeology and people claiming their energy levels increased with the products. I am just SOOOO tired all of the time! I've been to the doctor and everything with me is fine. That's why I was thinking of trying Thrive or Shakeology. I know that exercise helps, and I'm trying to get back to it.

I know this thread is a few days old but I use Thrive and don't sell it. I honestly notice a huge difference in my energy level. When I don't use it I struggle to just get through the day (energy wise) but when I do use it I am able to be pretty active throughout the day. It's a nice change not feeling like I need a nap every day!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    bagge72 wrote: »
    also I just realize mcgrad and hbg are probably the same person, and mcgrad created this account to ask a question about thrive, and then created the hbg post to give great insightful answers, and get her link out there to everyone.

Nope - I'm a different person - Truly looking for advice. I'm really not wanting to spend a lot of money. Based on what I'm reading, I don't think either Thrive or Shakeology are going to help me.

A wise man here. To be fair, you could use the products and if your calorie intake is low enough, you would lose weight. The shakes are lower calorie to help achieve that goal. There are no magical ingredients in any of this stuff that cause weight loss, though. You can lose weight with Shakeology, or without it. The only extra thing MLM products help you lose is money. Yikes!
    If you're looking for an extra boost, exercise helps with that. I find, especially in the morning, that nothing gets me energized and ready for the day quite like some movement.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    another question is do you get enough sleep? if not that can be a huge part of it. do you wake up well rested if you do get enough sleep?
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is *kitten*. Protein powders and bars are a supplement. They will not help you loose weight or give you energy. Proper diet is the key.
  • ChrissyHodges
    ChrissyHodges Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I disagree with someone who said multi level marketing companies and their protein powders have unsafe ingredients. I myself use juice plus and each ingredient listed I can read and pronounce. Plus it tastes great- I don't sell this product by the way! One of the best non dairy ones out there!!
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    You want more energy? Eat more food.
    That's what calories provide, energy!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Are we going for the record number of new accounts created to tout the benefits of these overpriced and unproven products? I think I count 3 or 4.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I don't use either. I occasionally have protein powder in oatmeal but that's pretty much all I use it for.
  • dramisea
    dramisea Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Stay away from Shakeology. I'm ashamed to say I sold it. It's just a meal replacement shake. A realllyy expensive one. I like BeachBody's workouts but that's it, only thing worth it about them