First spinning class

I just did my first spinning class tonight! That was rough but fun. I didn't realize your legs don't stop moving for an hour straight. Going to add this to my workouts. Is one enough a week or is 2 better without wearing yourself out?

Replies

• AndiJH
    AndiJH Posts: 84 Member
    I do one hour-long "advanced" ride a week, but I have frequently done two when I'm looking for more intensity. Do what your body can handle - if you like it, it's best to space out the classes at first, just to give your muscles a break. But go for it!
    I know people who do 2 in a row, and others who go 3+ times a week. Work your way up and have fun!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Depends on what you other workouts are like. Make sure to get at least one rest day a week. It does prevent injuries.
  • LeaB365
    LeaB365 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, you should work towards three times a week. It will give you a stronger lower back and also improve your core strength. Both are important as I'm sure you know if you want to maintain a fitness regime.

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    cbstig wrote: »
    I just did my first spinning class tonight! That was rough but fun. I didn't realize your legs don't stop moving for an hour straight. Going to add this to my workouts. Is one enough a week or is 2 better without wearing yourself out?

What else are you doing? What are your goals?

Riding is one of the few activities that you could do 7 days a week, 365 days a year assuming you were varying times and intensities (recovery from everything but the most intense cycling workouts is pretty quick compared to running or lifting weights).