Fast food.. I skipped it... :)

siriusciel
siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
So my b/f had a really bad day and just wanted to go to our local pizza place to have a couple slices of pizza and beer for dinner. My first thought was OMG, I am going to want to eat something that is WAY over my 350 cals I had left for the day... just the garlic smell of that place makes me want to eat bad!

I took a deep breath and ended up ordering a diet pepsi (I really wanted a beer!), half of a house salad with grilled chicken and light italian dressing.

It was great, satisfying and I didn't feel guilty afterwards .. since I made a smart choice. I went a little over my cals thanks to the croutons I munched on, but only by about 24 AND I didn't eat all the croutons.. I stopped once I was satisfied... :happy:

This is really proving to me that this is a lifestyle change and although I wont order salad all the time, it will be more times than not.. with the "bad" stuff being the exception once in a while.. not the other way around like it used to be. I feel even more motivated knowing that I can do this.. I can go anywhere and have the willpower to order the healthier stuff.. and not just blow it on a 1000 calorie dinner.

I just realized how far I have come in 5 weeks and had to get it out!

:drinker: Cheers!

Replies

• siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    So my b/f had a really bad day and just wanted to go to our local pizza place to have a couple slices of pizza and beer for dinner. My first thought was OMG, I am going to want to eat something that is WAY over my 350 cals I had left for the day... just the garlic smell of that place makes me want to eat bad!

I took a deep breath and ended up ordering a diet pepsi (I really wanted a beer!), half of a house salad with grilled chicken and light italian dressing.

It was great, satisfying and I didn't feel guilty afterwards .. since I made a smart choice. I went a little over my cals thanks to the croutons I munched on, but only by about 24 AND I didn't eat all the croutons.. I stopped once I was satisfied... :happy:

This is really proving to me that this is a lifestyle change and although I wont order salad all the time, it will be more times than not.. with the "bad" stuff being the exception once in a while.. not the other way around like it used to be. I feel even more motivated knowing that I can do this.. I can go anywhere and have the willpower to order the healthier stuff.. and not just blow it on a 1000 calorie dinner.

I just realized how far I have come in 5 weeks and had to get it out!

:drinker: Cheers!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Wow that is great I don't know if I would have been as strong! Good for you!:drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Wow! You are a better person than me!
  • way to go :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Great Job! I am sure that you surprised your self by how much will power you had. Keep up the good work: smile:
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    woo hoo that's awesome siriusciel! :drinker:

Doesn't it feel good to know that you can do this, and you don't have to feel guilty later!!

I also skipped fast food for lunch...even though I have been craving a burger, I waited until I got home and made my own for dinner!! Way healthier too!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    I will share my win as well.....

I was totally starving and almost gave into TACO BELL:noway:

But I kept on driving and headed home to save money, calories and my sanity!!!!

Yeah Fitness Pal!!!! I knew if I could just make it home and logged on I would totally make it:drinker:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    GOOD JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up!!!!!

GO Green
  • mutkin
    mutkin Posts: 109
    That's GREAT! I had a similar experience at a pizza place recently. I had a few moments of drooling over other people's pizza, but my salad w/salmon was really delicious. I let myself have the pizza sometimes, but sure can't do it all the time.

Congratulations on your good choice!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    you did great, keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!