Step up the protein

Options
2»

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Eating the RDA in protein is something I'd call "generally not a good idea" for most people, IMO.

Calling high protein diets "a myth" is pretty silly, IMO.

• AndiJH
    AndiJH Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've recently found oven roasted peas to be an awesome snack - regular cooked green peas (frozen works), toss in oil (I like to use chili oil), season as desired and roast on low heat for a while. Crunchy, spicy and plenty of protein!
  • Tretop76
    Tretop76 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I eat shrimp, buy milk called Fairlife it has 26g/cup, eat Greek yogurt with protein, if you're wanting variety.
  • SoxyKitten
    SoxyKitten Posts: 80 Member
    Options

Adylia16 wrote: »
    SoxyKitten wrote: »
    I add protein powder into my morning porridge. Gives a delicious vanilla flavour & with berries added in its a lovely sweet treat. I also do the same with yogurts or add a scoop to smoothies :)

Could you name the powder you get? As a vanilla sweet tooth, it sounds delish!

Of course! I use PhD diet whey. I buy it from Amazon as it's much cheaper. Their mint choc chip is also delicious :)
  • thequietesthush
    thequietesthush Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's not easy for me to get protein powder where I live :(, but these are some great tips. I am definitely not vegetarian, but I can't afford to eat a lot of meat. I had an entire meal yesterday based off a chickpea curry (thought it would be high in protein), but I find I am still so far off my protein goals. I've taken to sometimes just cracking an egg into other meals where it works, but find I am still short. So any more high protein, low cal options are definitely welcome!
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Eat more of what you're already eating lol. Don't make this harder than it has to be.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Easy breakfast - 39 grams of protein, under 300 calories

c65ddnrcw5hu.png

I ate granola instead of a quest bar, but there's a reason @quiksylver296 is my friend.

That's protein powder that I mix into my yogurt, @MelissaPhippsFeagins, with frozen fruit. So yummy!
  • AndiJH
    AndiJH Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I thought you had to use a certain type of protein powder to use in baked goods? Something about it losing its protein content if it's baked if you don't use the correct type? Perhaps this is incorrect? Anyone know?
    I bake with Aloha protein powders, and have used Market Pantry versions. The plant-based vegan Aloha version holds up much better (it's a thicker protein with all real food ingredients) in muffins, pancakes, etc in my experience.
    Not sure about the science tho! Would love to know...