Clear foods from MFP

Options
letbc
letbc Posts: 27 Member
I haven't posted food on MFP in a while. I've found that a lot of my foods have changed. I'd like to clear the foods listed & just start all over again so I don't have to weed through all the old stuff. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you very much!!

Replies

• Radchenister
    Radchenister Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Repeat question from me, shame no-one has answered yet.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It has been answered, time and time again, but the answer is still not uplifting - to remove foods from "recent foods", you have to remove every occurrence of it from your food diary. Yup, it's that little user friendly. MFP is still the best in many respects.
  • Radchenister
    Options
    I have read other posts now, unfortunately it looks like that's not the answer people want though, I would have thought an app like this could sort out a 'delete all' function? If not why not? It might be the best but it's not great if you have to spend ages manually clicking away to tidy up. Was hoping for a fresh start today, disappointing and cumbersome to have to do this before getting going again.
  • Radchenister
    Options
    Actually, no need to answer - time for drastic action, it's delete account and rebirth time!
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    Lol, there are so many strange features here that should have been fixed. But I don't think that's "fun" enough for the developers. But, we do get things like Insightful, Like and Awesome buttons :#
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    You used to be able to delete any and all items from your food diary....I miss that feature. I don't know if they got rid of it completely or if they moved it to the "pay" portion of the site. I too have been considering just making a new identity to start with a clean slate
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    marm1962 wrote: »
    You used to be able to delete any and all items from your food diary....I miss that feature. I don't know if they got rid of it completely or if they moved it to the "pay" portion of the site. I too have been considering just making a new identity to start with a clean slate

Since I joined in 2014, and up until now, you've only been able to delete from your frequent foods list. In order to delete from recent, you can only do what @kommodevaran suggested.
  • RadchenisterReturns
    Options
    Done ... I'm back ... already logged all my breakfast via bar code data scans (ensuring reliability) - I now have a nice clear cache, this time I'll be ruthless in adding reliable data only, all's good now B) !
  • Hoohoohaa
    Hoohoohaa Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I wish we could clear out the incorrect entries in the food database, not even just what is in our diaries...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Hoohoohaa wrote: »
    I wish we could clear out the incorrect entries in the food database, not even just what is in our diaries...

As long as it isn't a verified item you can correct the inaccurate information
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    Welcome back :D

Just be aware that scanning does not equal correct logging - you still have to make sure that it's the same food that you are eating, and that all the values are correct, and that you log the amount you are eating.
  • 22kurochan22
    22kurochan22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Where do you find the scanner?
  • RadchenisterReturns
    Options
    Yep, perfectly able to do basic maths in relation to weights / quantities and quickly peruse the figures to ensure correlation with the packet :D .

More seriously, I have used this package extensively over the last few years, just had a few months off and am returning to restart a new training regime.

... now if we want to get into complexities, we could get onto discussing tweaking the dietary splits to find the minimum carb's you can consume and continue to train (related to intensities / durations of sessions), how this works for fat adapted endurance based keto athletes, whether full keto suits cycling (with 4 to 6 hour events), or is more appropriate to ultra endurance such as IronMan or ultra runners, how diet works with seasonal and daily rhythms, particularly periodisation of cycle training through the offseason into the spring / summer (considering base / build / finesse phases etc); as well as macro issues, also thinking about food as fuel on a micro level, i.e. topics such as how carb loading works (or doesn't) in your taper week (when it's too late to cram), plus fueling exercise, when to time your carbs and sugars before and during a 140 mile hilly cycle ride, what quantities etc ;) ... but that's off topic LOL :smile: ...
  • RadchenisterReturns
    Options
    Where do you find the scanner?

I use my phone (HTC One), sure many others will do the same thing.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Lol, there are so many strange features here that should have been fixed. But I don't think that's "fun" enough for the developers. But, we do get things like Insightful, Like and Awesome buttons :#

The forums are managed by a different provider than the rest of the site, so it's not like the database is being ignored to give us buttons.

AFAIK, we've never been able to delete foods. I think it has something to do with how they wrote the interaction between the diary and the database. Since we have to delete instances in the diary for recent foods, a full delete would probably impact all instances and throw off the numbers, making all your data incorrect if you are trying to look at it over time.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    marm1962 wrote: »

Since I joined in 2014, and up until now, you've only been able to delete from your frequent foods list. In order to delete from recent, you can only do what @kommodevaran suggested.

I joined back in 2007 or 2008