Serious Mood Swings and horrible PMS

Options
subtlygold
subtlygold Posts: 9 Member
edited August 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi guys,

I started my weight loss plan almost month ago and its the first time during it that im going to have my period soon. Now normally i do experience PMS and depression and a bad, cranky mood before my period but this time it is so much worse. Something like never before. One minute i want to scream and cry and the next im okay and watching funny Youtube videos. I literally cried because i wanted to eat a molten lava cake but i couldnt because im on a diet and i'd feel guilty. I'm awfully mean and arguing with the people i love. It's really horrible.

I want to know does this change have something to do with my change in diet and weight loss? (I take about 800-900 calories per day and jog each morning)
If it is related, is there something i can do to fix this?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You only eat 800 to 900 calories per day? And run on those few calories? Yep, I'd be cranky too! Eat what MFP has you to eat at and the crankiness will disappear :D
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to kill yourself? Eat more....
  • subtlygold
    Options
    I eat 800-900 calories according to MFP but since I live in Pakistan and you cant get the exact calorie count for food here since we tend to mix alot of things up and make it into a thick gravy like thing with lots of oil, i'm pretty sure in actuality i take 1100+ calories
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    You're seriously undereating. Also, your metabolism can rev a bit premenstrually and many women eat a little more at this time. I eat at maintenance for a few days.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    subtlygold wrote: »
    I eat 800-900 calories according to MFP but since I live in Pakistan and you cant get the exact calorie count for food here since we tend to mix alot of things up and make it into a thick gravy like thing with lots of oil, i'm pretty sure in actuality i take 1100+ calories

How tall are you?

How much weight did you lose in the first three weeks?
  • subtlygold
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and a half and i started with 63 kg and now im at 60-61, fluctuating.
  • grannynot
    grannynot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    The supplement Black Cohosh could be your new best friend! Takes the highs and lows out of the hormone roller coaster.
  • kshama2001
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and a half and i started with 63 kg and now im at 60-61, fluctuating.

So you lost 6.6 pounds in three weeks? And weigh in the 130 pounds? Yes, you are undereating. At your weight you shouldn't lose more than 0.5 pound per week.

(Note: I said three weeks rather than four as it is normal to gain some water weight premenstrually and don't want to count that.)
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    MFP would never give you 800-900 calories. Eat more
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    You only eat 800 to 900 calories per day? And run on those few calories? Yep, I'd be cranky too! Eat what MFP has you to eat at and the crankiness will disappear :D

So much this. Until I read your calories, I assumed it was PMDD. Starving yourself screws up hormones.... No wonder you're having those symptoms! OP start weighing all your food and recipe ingredients with a food scale in grams, log it all. Use the recipe builder for your mixed meals. Count the oil. Your recipes are no different to ours (mixing food together), so the recipe builder will work just fine.
    grannynot wrote: »
    The supplement Black Cohosh could be your new best friend! Takes the highs and lows out of the hormone roller coaster.

No. Her symptoms are from under eating. Black cohosh won't help.
  • subtlygold
    Options
    I want to eat more but then i'm constantly in guilt that no im eating too much. I think it's affecting my brain lol.
    But thank you so much for the advices. I'm going to try and fix my diet.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I want to eat more but then i'm constantly in guilt that no im eating too much. I think it's affecting my brain lol.
    But thank you so much for the advices. I'm going to try and fix my diet.

Has under eating been worth it though? You're not feeling well...

Figure out your true maintenance calories. You can eat anything under that number and over 1200 and not gain weight. Use a food scale for everything and log everything every day without fail. Good luck.