A List of Calorie Dense Foods

Replies

• neuropsyence
    neuropsyence Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you for this list, I've been struggling to meet my calorie goals, never thought that would be a problem :)
  • melissa7662
    melissa7662 Posts: 93 Member
    I am having a really hard time reaching 1700 calories. I am a diabetic so I have to be careful about the carb amounts. Any suggestions?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited April 2016
    Add fats and oils: walnut oil, olive oil, butter, sour cream, mayonnaise, eggs, red meat, dark meat chicken, bacon, sausage, avocados, almonds, full fat salad dressing, regular (full fat) yogurt, cheese, olives, salmon, tuna,
  • Linkto4
    Linkto4 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi,
    How do I determine how many calories to intake? What are the general rule of thumb?
  • AmandaIsherwood3
    AmandaIsherwood3 Posts: 47 Member
    Thanks for this list. Some days I really struggle as I am not hungry. For years I've hated olive oil, Greek yogurt and peanut butter, now my favourite snack is apple slices with peanut butter, I would always roast veg in the oven now I drizzle with oil, yogurt with fresh fruit and nuts. All delicious foods and a good way to get fats and extra calories into my diet.
  • beliaamerica
    beliaamerica Posts: 40 Member
    So basically you can eat anything to reach your goal? I really dont get i saw pasta somewhere and healthier things.
    Im confuse maybe over thinking it.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    So basically you can eat anything to reach your goal? I really dont get i saw pasta somewhere and healthier things.
    Im confuse maybe over thinking it.

Yes, you can eat anything to reach your goal. With the caveat that you shouldn't eat anything you're allergic to or have other medical reasons to avoid. And you should try to get the minimum of fat, protein, and vitamins& minerals your body needs. Beyond that, you can use whatever foods you want to fill in the rest of your calories.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Thank you whoever bumped this! I'm one of those people struggling to meet my daily calories!
    I get stuck on the too busy and just don't feel hungry. If I'm not mindful I hit 9pm and realize I just went a whole day with a few bites from dinner and coffee all morning. Then it's grazing on junk till bed.
    It's a downwards spiral!!
    I just finished a full seven days trying to eat. Packing lunch, eating breakfast and having dinner but the end of every day was below my limit. Good note was no mindless snacking. Although I know it's become a habit because I'll not be hungry but want to grab something to chew on.
  • diannethegeek
    Peanut-Butter-Chocolate-Banana-Freeze-3.jpg
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Peanut-Butter-Chocolate-Banana-Freeze-3.jpg

*drools* Good thing I bought bananas today!
  • mrflipmode
    mrflipmode Posts: 64 Member
    Hi.
    Thanks for the info and the reply.
    I've only joined today and would like to thank you for taking the time out to help me.
  • diannethegeek
    Sweet%20Snacks.png
  • diannethegeek
    7a588a74f594c42c3eabd0e14a6f57da.jpg
  • diannethegeek
    cream_cheese_bagel_with_salmon1.jpg

Bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon.
  • Deanne182
    Deanne182 Posts: 18 Member
    Thanks OP!
  • diannethegeek
    400-500-Calorie-Recipes.jpg