Any exercise advice that burns alot of calories welcomed

Options
Hello everyone,
Im currently doing p90 and I like it but does anyone know of any other exercises that burns a good amount of calories?

Replies

• curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Extreme gardening does it for me--eight hours at a clip. I can burn 3000+ calories. There's nothing like shoveling, hauling rocks and dirt. I'm in Heaven.
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    Seriously...I know you're a guy and you might not be into it but Tae Bo & Zumba...both are a GREAT calorie burn...
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I would have to say, for me it's my elliptical trainer! =) Love it!!!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options

totally second that vote. Getting it to maintaining a decent speed while at a mid-to-high resistance level, you will BURN those cals!
  • Bumblebee26
    Bumblebee26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bike riding! If you go at a 14-16mph pace in an hour you can burn over 1000k. That's pretty easy.
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Seriously...I know you're a guy and you might not be into it but Tae Bo & Zumba...both are a GREAT calorie burn...

I second that...also Spinning is a excellent calorie burner!!!
  • Choirgirl37
    Choirgirl37 Posts: 255
    Options
    Cycling. I can get on my bicycle and go for 1.5 hrs burning between 1000-1200 calories. Perfect for summer workouts because the scenic rides make the workout relaxing. My husband likes cycling too and he normally burns 300 calories above what I burn.
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options

totally second that vote. Getting it to maintaining a decent speed while at a mid-to-high resistance level, you will BURN those cals!

Agreed!! =)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    HIIT, running, zumba
  • sonnyless
    sonnyless Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Insanity (both old and asylum), running, elliptical, high intesity interval training on treadmill. With HIIT adjust your jogging speed from low to very high. Hope this helps!
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Im currently doing p90 and I like it but does anyone know of any other exercises that burns a good amount of calories?

Are you not getting the results you intended on? What are your goals? To be frank, you can burn 1000's of calories in a workout, but if you aren't eating right, doesn't matter what you workout you do (80% in fact).
  • hamhustla
    hamhustla Posts: 3
    Options
    Oh no I'm getting ok results I'm just seeing if there is anything out there that I might have overlooked. As far as diet goes until MFP my diet was crap but since i use the mobile app and log everything I eat Im way under calories, carbs and fat 5-6 days a week.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Jumping rope!!
  • BigAL456
    BigAL456 Posts: 56
    Options
    I burned alot of calories and fat by using Insanity! And eating better of course.
  • kellymcbain
    Options
    HI,
    I don't know if you have a lawn or not, but I bought a push mower and use it to mow my lawn..works both your lower and upper body and burns a LOT of calories...
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Insanity and turbo fire. I also like tae Bo and step aerobics.
  • kameeks20
    kameeks20 Posts: 1
    Options
    I was told by a nutritionist to be sure to include 2-3 days a week of weights and strentgh training. It's working for me so far.
  • elijackson
    elijackson Posts: 48
    Options
    I like karate class. Lots of great people and you get to kick and punch things. It never feels like a workout to me.
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I do water aerobics, and according to MFP, I'm burning like 562 calories per hour. It works your entire body, and a lot of it depends on how intense you do the moves. I love it!