New ME, for ME

Options
I have lacked the motivation to encourage myself to loose this weight because I guess I am use to feeling incomplete and unhappy within myself. But no longer will I continue to allow myself to miss out on all that life has in store for me. It's time to get back to loving me. Any helpful tips on how to stay motivated, exercising on a busy schedule, snacks, lunch or dinner options? Thanks in advance for your support and I wish you well as you also embark throughout this journey. Be blessed:)

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I have lacked the motivation to encourage myself to loose this weight because I guess I am use to feeling incomplete and unhappy within myself. But no longer will I continue to allow myself to miss out on all that life has in store for me. It's time to get back to loving me. Any helpful tips on how to stay motivated, exercising on a busy schedule, snacks, lunch or dinner options? Thanks in advance for your support and I wish you well as you also embark throughout this journey. Be blessed:)

Seek out and friend other MFP members who are halfway to their goal or have reached it. Read the Success Stories forum for inspiration, motivation and support from others. When you feel you are having a rough day, this community is here to pick you up, dust you off and get you back on your path to better health. Welcome to MFP! You CAN do this!!! :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Oh you can do this it is easy. I have done it twice now. :)
    My motivation is friends on here. They are amazing.
    Looking better
    Feeling better, I used to be in pain all the time but I havnt been for a while
    I set mini goals for myself like running longer, lifting more weights, or dancing longer.
    I also am doing this for my son i want him to grow up active and not become obese as an adult., so we do more active things together.

Get rdie of all your white stuff like rice, flour, pasta, and switch it to brown.
    Chicken breast, fish, eggs and beans are your friends.

I try to cook the same food but i took away the bad fats and fillers that add calories. I am never hungry eating is a good thing, just dont over eat.
  • moorepr28
    moorepr28 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks so much! I truly appreciate the support. As a wife, mother of 2 with a fulltime job and also attending school fulltime by the end of the day I am drained but I have to stop using that as an excuse. I'm ready to get back on track and after always doing for others NOW its time for me to finally do for me.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I truly appreciate the support. As a wife, mother of 2 with a fulltime job and also attending school fulltime by the end of the day I am drained but I have to stop using that as an excuse. I'm ready to get back on track and after always doing for others NOW its time for me to finally do for me.

That's exactly right! You are not doing your family any favors by ignoring your health. :) I'm glad you decided to invest in yourself. My only tip as you start out right now is to make sure you are getting a decent sized breakfast in the morning with a lot of protein. You are one busy lady... and that will help you stay energized with everything you need to get done in a day. Feel free to send me a friend request for ongoing support! Woohoo... I'm so excited for you!