MFP THANK YOU - 100lbs gone forever (pic and feels heavy)

Options
123457»

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    k10106.gifk10084.gifk10029.gifk10028.gif

Super-inspiring! Your choices transformed your life from one defined by illness and medical conditions to one of optimal health. So moving. Congratulations and thank you for sharing this.
  • lauhil
    lauhil Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring, great job!
  • griffithm1
    griffithm1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    So proud of you!!! Great job in all areas. :)
  • Rhiannonpwj
    Rhiannonpwj Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, but more importantly you look so happy and so strong! You're a massive inspiration.
  • pbandalyssa
    pbandalyssa Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    naomillion wrote: »
    This is truly the most inspiring and touching story I have come across so far! Not focusing your post about your weightloss, but much more telling about the life you gained, is touching my heart. Although you might never see this comment, I still want to say thank you for sharing this and inspiring me and many others with your achievements. Thank you thank you thank you and all the best for your life!

This was my favorite comment, thank you so much. <3
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations. You look absolutely amazing.
  • arkowalyshyn
    arkowalyshyn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    How did you make the dive in to the lifting and fitness lifestyle? Was it a gym membership, or particular program that got you started?
    (At 5"3, I went from 210 to currently 130. I've been following a progressive lifting program at home, with some running here and there. I really want to go to the next left of athletic fitness, after a lifetime of obesity)
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Omg you look amazing! You are my hero!
  • pbandalyssa
    pbandalyssa Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    How did you make the dive in to the lifting and fitness lifestyle? Was it a gym membership, or particular program that got you started?
    (At 5"3, I went from 210 to currently 130. I've been following a progressive lifting program at home, with some running here and there. I really want to go to the next left of athletic fitness, after a lifetime of obesity)

Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, then Insanity, then joining a gym and taking HIIT classes with weights, then crossfit...now I do it all! Good luck! It was a progressive thing, and I'm still learning. I mostly joined crossfit for help with compound lifts, now I do those on my own.
  • JChadwick22
    JChadwick22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Incredible. You are my future me!
  • cjuneau69
    cjuneau69 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Totally amazing!!!
  • HazyEyes93
    HazyEyes93 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Dang. You are definitely goals.
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,358 Member
    Options
    WOW. You are A. MAY. ZING!!!! Congratulations on your journey and tremendous success. My favorite photo is the one where you are doing a handstand on the beach, because it looks like a stock photo of a model.
  • Kel_bel1978
    Kel_bel1978 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh, you're my hero! :):):)
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Funny- I follow you on instagram (fellow PCOS-er) bc you liked a post I posted a while back!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I am so ridiculously grateful for this website. I had a previous post that was very popular here (•1000 days logged in a row, over 90 pounds lost! [pics]) that I recently had deleted. I wanted to share my story on a post that I felt comfortable keeping. I have lost over 100 pounds, but gained a whole new life. My life changed for the better the day I found out I had PCOS and was insulin resistant, as well as clinically obese. If I didn't lose weight, eventually I would die.

oukfgi2rpvha.jpg

Coupled with that, I had the worst asthma which landed me in the hospital more times than I could count, and I was developing heart issues at the young age of 21. I didn't want to go on medication. I wanted to change. So I did.

8x2ypc2u81iv.jpg
    ucovwpdaqouz.jpg
    su7uzpm1vdp5.jpg
    0h7v86k5oyyi.jpg

As for some back story, growing up I was ALWAYS overweight! Always! I was picked on my entire life for my size. For my frizzy, untamed hair. For my acne.

i7cjhp8qqi4r.jpg
    qj2lot1nka4b.jpg
    hzcktr4fmuxd.jpg
    1z3rdxpli3xn.jpg

So after that awful doctors appointment, I found myfitnesspal. I learned how to count calories. I started walking very, very slowly. Little by little, pounds started falling off. I fell absolutely in love with fitness. It became my entire life. I started doing things I never thought I was capable of.

z004bp01fe4a.jpg
    2uzeqla7rfo8.jpg
    5fs85xcpb3v6.jpg
    fcnnrm7uuko3.jpg
    a2c5l1kzpvld.jpg
    bdmax41ezd8r.jpg
    94cj58oai3ms.jpg
    dvp25fjn4k5q.jpg
    u8dxod0kja2m.jpg
    6m8x449p828u.jpg
    7unneh12so2v.jpg

I started lifting weights. I became strong. I ran a Spartan race. I learned how to do a handstand. I hit a sumo deadlift PR of 215#. I learned how to climb a rope. I learned how to throw heavy weights around. My asthma become non-existent. I am no longer insulin resistant. My PCOS symptoms have virtually disappeared. I went from 215 pounds at my heaviest to under 115. I was able to travel without carrying an inhaler. I was able to skydive without being scared I might not be able to breathe.

73qjd86f4tln.jpg
    81gcunbsstb7.jpg
    dzco1141calf.jpg
    1q8g0dxaln34.jpg

I had the confidence to randomly dress as Sandra Dee for Halloween (disclaimer: no, I do not smoke LOL).

g2jmyg737voq.jpg

I have become a happy, healthy, radiant human being.
    .Very nice you look happier healthier and more calm now beautiful you!

c8rpkhtvtt05.jpg
    vamqg98cujn7.jpg

In the past few years, I gathered the courage to learn how to drive. I bought a brand new car. I paid off that car in two years. I got a well paying job in my field. I bought a house. I adopted a 3-legged pooch. I have become someone I only could have dreamed of when I was a kid. I can honestly thank MFP for helping me succeed.

I have recently decided to depart from here now that I have a handle on things and have taken my life primarily over to my instagram: @pbandalyssa

I have put some thought into returning for intermittent fasting support, as I've been recently practicing 19/5! :smile:

Please feel free to follow me there.

You look more healthier calmer rested and very hot now beautiful you!
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Well done you, inspiration to the 1000's of people on here.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness!! Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!