anyone else feel this way?

Options
AI1108
AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
Anyone else cut what used to be a food group for you out of your diet and had it change the way your body feels for the better?

I still can't believe I haven't had pizza in over 3 months. I havent had a cheeseburger & fries in over 4. Chocolate used to be a way of life. Double stuffed oreos used to be my pick me up.

The sight of fried foods make me cringe. I don't miss them at all. I eat fruits & veggies every day now and my body feels awesome. Total energy booster. :) Now if we could only cure my coffee addiction...

Replies

• randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    im the same as you. havent had any junk food for i dont even know how long. coffee however iv allowed myself one cup to start my day and then im on the herbal teas.

occasionally if im about to do a hardcore workout ill have a black coffee an hour or so before.

well done, youve change your mentality towards food. this is a great achievment :o)
  • 58rocker
    58rocker Posts: 28
    Options
    Only been on my diet for 4 weeks now so feeling better, but some years ago when I dieted for 6 months and gave up the chocs, cakes, fried food and started eating good food and taking vitamins my energy got a great boost.

Seems a bit harder this time but I am older now so I guess it will take some time. I started doing some power juicing with fruits and the odd carrot to see if I can gain some extra energy. First time I have tried veggies (carrots) since I was 8 years old and I detested any veg or salad items.

Don't give up everything nice, if you love your coffee stick with it... I am a strong teaholic and will not ruin it with low fat milk. If tea with full cream milk is my one enjoyment in the day then no one takes that way from me!!
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    In the last year, I've only had 2 sodas. I did have the 2 that were in the refrigerator when I started this. I don't miss them at all now.
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I have failed, but my decreased junk food intake has had pretty much no effect whatsoever on the way I feel :( (except insofar as it's made me stare at the chocolate in the shop, of course its by the till to make it unavoidable and to tempt me, and I stare and stare and - usually but not always decide "none of this chocolate is worth it" because its always cheap ****ty chocolate in the shop and I have expensive chocolate tastes :P).
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    it's interesting because today i was a bit naughty and had some chocolate cake, oreos and smarties (so bad, i know!) but when i got home from work I had the WORST and sudden stomach ache! it was unbelievable! i think my body's not used to it anymore even though that's what i used to eat day in day out. it's only been three weeks. it's good though, because next time i wont want to go through the pain again :)
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel way better, BUT, I do not disallow myself anything. If I REALLY feel like I want a piece of pizza, I have one - note - I said ONE, if I want a cheeseburger, I have one ONCE in a while. Fried foods now upset my system, so I do stay away from them and Sunday's are usually my day to drink a few diet sodas.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I wish that I could completely cut the following foods out of my life:

- store-bought cookies, especially Oreos
    - potato and corn chips
    - pizza

I'm doing the "everthing in moderation" thing, so I do still enjoy these foods, but I know that they aren't good for my body and wish that I could just say "no" and actually want to never eat these again!
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Well yes i gave up any sort of heavy carbs, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and i feel so much better for it, i used to have a big plate of plasta loads of cheese and a side of chips!!! i feel sick thinking of it now.

My biggest vice was salt, i used to put it on everything, if i could tase the salt over the food i wasnt happy! since march i havetn added any salt to my food, i mean i was addicted! it went on sandwiches, in soups, cheese on toast the lot! dont miss it any more, even on oven chips (on the odd occasion i do eat them) i dont bother!

also, i used to love fried chips, homemade were the best, last week idecided seen as id got to my target weight i was going to treat myself, plate of homemade chips, and sausages(veggie) i was so excited, i was foaming at the mouth cooking them haha, once i sat down i managed no more than 4 folk fulls, before i felt physically sick, id totally lost the taste for them, i was dissapointed slightly, but also euphoric that i new my body was no longer inclined to eat this type of meal!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out anything, but there are certain things that I consume less of these days. Those things include sweets (my personal weakness), dairy products (lactose intolerance), and coffee (only my big cup in the morning now and I allot for that since I love coffee).
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    LOL at my own stupidity. I'm vegan... therefore I have cut out some food groups (meat and dairy, and eggs, whichever one they go into).

And YES, I feel so much better without them! My body feels lighter and I'm much more regular (TMI?) than when I ate animal products. I eat so much fiber and (complex) carbs than ever before, and for my body, that works wonders.