What do you do to distract yourself from boredom/over eating

Options
In my Weight Watchers meeting we shared some of our tricks which seemed helpful.

Here are a few of mine:
If it's really bad, I polish my nails. Wet nails are like handcuffs :)
If want more of something, I go brush my teeth. There is something about not wanting to ick up a clean mouth.
Anything I can do with my hands, lately it's my addiction to Angry Birds or I pick up my knitting needles.
Make a phone call and chat it away :)

Replies

• hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    gum
    always have a bottle of water
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    I have taken to walking on the treadmill..Its outside and the weather is HOT in Texas but..20 mins, a good playlist and plenty of water...Gets me through the boredom munchies..
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Hot green tea & a good book - you soon forget about food with a decent story line
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    It may sound counterproductive, but I research meal ideas and recipes online. It keeps me busy and it gives me something to look forward to when I'm truly hungry.
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Sleep, look at recipes, look at fitness blogs/tumblrs.
    Stalk facebooks lol
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I save some calories for the end of the day, and have some fruit if I'm hungry.
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It may sound counterproductive, but I research meal ideas and recipes online. It keeps me busy and it gives me something to look forward to when I'm truly hungry.

Hahaha yes I have been known to go look at food in a bakery (or sometimes just in my kitchen) for five or ten minutes. Somehow that makes me feel satiated enough to not eat it?
  • radio_flyer
    Options
    minty gum or breath mints or if that doesn't work -- I blend crystal light and ice in the blender and pretend its one of those foo foo drinks at the bar.
  • DizzyLizzy84
    DizzyLizzy84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A hot cuppa usually works well for me and definatly a workout...it's just the DOING IT bit i sometimes find hard!
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yep, nails are good. If it's really bad, bed with a book. I NEVER eat in bed so there's no association there. It's just a bit depressing as it's summer and it doesn't get dark til well after 10pm, so I feel like I'm going to bed at 6!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I sit online and read about weight loss :L keeps me going