How long did it take you to see results??

Options
amwoods72
amwoods72 Posts: 35 Member
So it seems the pounds are coming off, but when did any of you start seeing a difference in how your clothes fit? I am getting frustrated with that part. I've been at this for about 3 1/2 weeks to a month or so and I have lost about 8 lbs or so. I know I need to lose more than that to see a difference, but just wondering how long it usually takes to start losing inches. I don't measure myself (I probably should, but I don't) just wanted to go by how clothes feel. I am walking and just started the stationary bike and I am burning over 500 calories (a lot of incline walking) according to the machines and I am under my calorie goal each time so will I see things soon?? I am a very impatient person if you couldn't tell LOL LOL!!! You guys have been great answering questions and helping out along this journey. NOT GIVING UP!!!! I have to do this this time!!!

Replies

• jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this but it depends -

On how much you have to lose
    What your height it
    Are the clothes you are currently wearing really tight, loose, etc

I have to say I really started to notice around 20 pounds. SW was 250 and height 5'2"
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,961 Member
    Options
    I also took pictures in the same outfit after losing XX amount of weight. That will show you the difference!
  • amwoods72
    Options
    I am about 5'4 and am about 220 right now. Clothes aren't tight nor are they very loose right now, they are just right, but I want them to be loose and smaller LOL!!
  • roseyredds
    roseyredds Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can relate, amwoods72. I started at 204 but to be honest, very few of the clothes in my closet really fit me. They were mostly too small so it was a psychological game - success #1 was having the clothes in my closet fit (which I was pretending fit anyway!). I'm similar to you 5'4".
  • elkhunter7x6
    elkhunter7x6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Stay the coarse I had to lose close to 20lbs before I could see it in the mirror. I log my weight daily and use trend weight to track, and i take measurement and photos monthy. Seeing the numbers go down and the photo comparisions help greatly in keeping me motivated and staying the coarse. I have been at it now for around 60weeks and have lost 55lbs and have totally changed my appearance.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    If you're losing weight you're on the right path… it will happen. Don't sabotage yourself by focusing on something that really won't matter if you stick with it. I just started working out two days ago..and I find my mind going to the same place..looking for real change now when I know it is months away.. Why oh why do we do this to ourselves! ")
  • thenananator
    thenananator Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Currently experiencing this weird phobia....I have lost over 45 pounds and my jeans right now look like MC Hammer pants on me but I am PETRIFIED to try on smaller size jeans. So weird. I mean I hope I can fit in a 16 now but emotionally I dont think I could handle it if they dont fit. I want out of these sizes so badly I can taste it...GAH!!!
  • thenananator
    thenananator Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    amwoods72 wrote: »
    So it seems the pounds are coming off, but when did any of you start seeing a difference in how your clothes fit? I am getting frustrated with that part. I've been at this for about 3 1/2 weeks to a month or so and I have lost about 8 lbs or so. I know I need to lose more than that to see a difference, but just wondering how long it usually takes to start losing inches. I don't measure myself (I probably should, but I don't) just wanted to go by how clothes feel. I am walking and just started the stationary bike and I am burning over 500 calories (a lot of incline walking) according to the machines and I am under my calorie goal each time so will I see things soon?? I am a very impatient person if you couldn't tell LOL LOL!!! You guys have been great answering questions and helping out along this journey. NOT GIVING UP!!!! I have to do this this time!!!

Yes, just keep pushin! It is amazing what our bodies can do! Enjoy the discovery!!! We can all look back and see the fun parts of the journey....those moments when we can celebrate successes!
  • stelloian
    stelloian Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It took me about ten pounds before things felt looser. 15 lbs before I dropped a size. I am 5' 8". 20 lbs and weight lifting and I am down two sizes now.

I know how you feel! You work so hard to get the ball rolling. It will definitely move! Just keep at it. My losses have been terribly slow so I know how it feels to not see the changes you hoped for immediately happen, BUT it has been so exciting to be able to try on pants I was in and they just fall right off. Keep at it! Don't give up!
  • BJG7_UK
    BJG7_UK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I feel like it took a while to actually see the difference.. But once I got leaning, the differences were noticeable almost every few days!
    The battle is feeling that your making progress when you can't see it. But that just comes down to trusting the process!
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I felt like you at the beginning, but now after 22 lbs lost I can see a big difference, went from size 16 to 12-14. But even though I see it I haven't get any comments from people about it except for my husband and kids.
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Oh and I been at it for 2. 1/2months
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I'm at 16 lbs down and only now am I starting to see it. Same clothes fit mostly - just looser. I would says it's going to be 20 or so to really notice. Tight 16 before, 14's pretty well now. I'm 5'7 and in the 180's now.
  • Clawsal
    Clawsal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi. I bought pants that were too small and I couldn't button them. After losing 3 pounds I am able to button them (but they are still too tight and don't fit very well). Still there IS a difference :smile: ... even with a small loss. I know from previous experience that at around 10 pounds people start to notice my weight loss. Strangely nobody commented when I gained those back :wink: It also depends on how much you have to lose.
  • amwoods72
    Options
    I'm just worried that I am losing pounds and not inches, which I don't know if that is possible. I am not doing weights yet, just treadmill and stationary bike right now so I hope I am not losing muscle doing what I am doing. Thanks everyone. All the stories on this site are so inspirational. You are all doing great as well. Keep it up!! We CAN do this!!!
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Take pictures!!! When I was losing weight I took pictures in my underwear for a progress collection. I LOVE looking back and seeing how far I've come. Even with 5-10 pounds of weight loss, there's a noticeable side by side difference.
  • Nancyh59
    Nancyh59 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I started in May wearing 18W jeans. Now my regular 16 jeans are comfortable. My boss just said yesterday he could tell I've lost weight..So it's taken a while to show!
  • jebr76
    jebr76 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, I've dropped 46 pounds (55 to go) but can't tell the difference. I've apparently lost 6 inches off my waist (according to my pants) and gone down a shirt size, but I still see the same me in the mirror.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!