Breakfast ideas

Options
brit4896
brit4896 Posts: 58 Member
Hey everyone! I'm looking for some low calorie breakfast ideas that are still somewhat kid friendly as well....and go....!

Replies

• Erika2011MaBelleFille
    Erika2011MaBelleFille Posts: 75 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My daughter loves, what we call cheese tacos. Basically I heat a tortilla in a cast iron on the stove and before it warms up completely I add half a string cheese,pulled apart, till it gets melty...one string cheese makes two tacos. Then I roll a taco in a napkin till it gets cool enough to handle. I enjoy these myself when I need a snack.
  • lyndseybellz
    lyndseybellz Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and banana!
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    if i want a filling breakfast il have a 2 egg omelet with chopped mushrooms and grated cheese, serve it in a wholemeal wrap/tortilla. add abit of tomato sauce. very tasty and healthy. (you can obviously add what ever else to it if you dont like mushrooms, such as bell peppers etc) helps meet macro goals!
  • brit4896
    Options
    erika60007 wrote: »
    My daughter loves, what we call cheese tacos. Basically I heat a tortilla in a cast iron on the stove and before it warms up completely I add half a string cheese,pulled apart, till it gets melty...one string cheese makes two tacos. Then I roll a taco in a napkin till it gets cool enough to handle. I enjoy these myself when I need a snack.

That sounds yummy! Thanx!
  • brit4896
    Options
    stepea83 wrote: »
    if i want a filling breakfast il have a 2 egg omelet with chopped mushrooms and grated cheese, serve it in a wholemeal wrap/tortilla. add abit of tomato sauce. very tasty and healthy. (you can obviously add what ever else to it if you dont like mushrooms, such as bell peppers etc) helps meet macro goals!

Thanx! I love me a good omelet!
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    When I need to make a quick grab & go breakfast that's filling and that my kids love our go-to is whole wheat or low-carb tortilla spread with peanut butter and wrapped around a banana (I love it, too!)

Another option is a yogurt with a handful of berries and a pinch of their favorite cereal on top for crunch. Quick, but does require a spoon.

I make several servings of overnight oats/muesli for myself. 30g muesli + 100-200g fruit + 200g plain greek yogurt. Sweeten to taste with your favorite sweetener (I prefer Splenda drops). I like to mix & match fruits and add extracts for extra variety. Like strawberry/vanilla, Blueberry/lemon or my favorite, cherry/almond. 300 calories of yummy ready to grab any time!
  • ashleighs148
    ashleighs148 Posts: 334 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Cut a melon in half and grab a spoon :) it's really filling.
  • brit4896
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    When I need to make a quick grab & go breakfast that's filling and that my kids love our go-to is whole wheat or low-carb tortilla spread with peanut butter and wrapped around a banana (I love it, too!)

Another option is a yogurt with a handful of berries and a pinch of their favorite cereal on top for crunch. Quick, but does require a spoon.

I make several servings of overnight oats/muesli for myself. 30g muesli + 100-200g fruit + 200g plain greek yogurt. Sweeten to taste with your favorite sweetener (I prefer Splenda drops). I like to mix & match fruits and add extracts for extra variety. Like strawberry/vanilla, Blueberry/lemon or my favorite, cherry/almond. 300 calories of yummy ready to grab any time!

Great ideas :smile: I've been wondering about overnight oats! I'm going to check into that!
  • brit4896
    Options
    Cut a melon in half and grab a spoon :) it's really filling.

Yes good choice :smile:
  • LordHolman
    LordHolman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats are immense. Make the night before 30-40g of oats, chopped banana, blueberries, tea spoon of nut butter (i prefer almond), tea spoon of cinnamon (or as much as you like to flavour) then some milk. Mix in a bowl and store in the fridge overnight. You can literally make any version you like so it never gets boring! I add 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder to mine to make it beyond stunning. But you may not need protein. Either way, mix it up, try new things and have fun!
  • Happy2beeeme
    Happy2beeeme Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    LordHolman wrote: »
    Overnight oats are immense. Make the night before 30-40g of oats, chopped banana, blueberries, tea spoon of nut butter (i prefer almond), tea spoon of cinnamon (or as much as you like to flavour) then some milk. Mix in a bowl and store in the fridge overnight. You can literally make any version you like so it never gets boring! I add 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder to mine to make it beyond stunning. But you may not need protein. Either way, mix it up, try new things and have fun!

I had never thought of adding protein powder, that's a great idea. Thanks for sharing!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Here is a make ahead scramble idea. Some of the flavors might be too adult for the kids but you can put almost anything in these jars. The broccoli one was my favorite. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2016/08/masonable-mondays-2-scrambles.html

Mexican%2BMasonable%2BScramble.jpg

Here is a breakfast pizza: soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/02/breakfast-pizza.html
    And a nacho idea too: soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/10/breakfast-nachos.html
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I make steel cut oats in my crockpot. You just load em up the night before and when you come down, a hot meal is ready. My kids love oatmeal. They like different toppings and this lets them customize theirs. There are a million recipes out there, but the basic is a 4:1 liquid to oats ratio. You can use any combination for the liquid – water, soy milk, almond milk, apple juice. I generally just use water since I like to add a bit of cream to mine to cool it down. I also cook mine unsweetened and then add the sweeteners. I have one kid that likes honey and another that like maple syrup.
  • AnarchistKitchen
    AnarchistKitchen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    *5 ingredients* I've made these breakfast bars with either 2 bananas or 2 little cups of applesauce. I think I need to make multiple batches at a time since I can eat 1 batch within 24 hours. These are really cheap. I'll procrastinate making bowls of oatmeal since it's not my fav but I don't procrastinate with making these bars.
    https://richbitchcooking.wordpress.com/2016/08/08/vegan-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-breakfast-bars-low-fat-gf/
    715q73za0g94.jpg
  • 11thChakra
    11thChakra Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just made a new breakfast for the first time and loved it!

Country Choice Organic Steel Cut Oats - made recipe as directed with just water.

Kate's sea salted butter - added a pat for a bit of flavor.

Added dried cherries, raw organic almonds and Theo cocoa nibs.

Way yummy!

• myownreality1985
    myownreality1985 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've started making egg white French toast!!! So yummy!
  • cmuise19
    cmuise19 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    overnight oats are my go to!
  • SoniaJay1
    SoniaJay1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Breakfast Pizza
    Ingredients:
    1 small Whole Wheat Pita
    1 whole egg & 3 egg whites
    1/2 cup diced Mushrooms, Onions & Peppers
    1 green onion, sliced
    2 sliced Turkey Bacon
    1/2 tbsp Olive Oil

Directions:
    1. Whisk Eggs and add diced vegetables.
    2. Bend edges of the pita to create a bowl.
    3. Brush both sides with olive oil & place on the grill, dome side down.
    4. Cook for 30-60 seconds or until golden and then flip.
    5. Pour egg mixture into the pita.
    6. Cook for 1-2 Minutes or until eggs are nearly cooked.
    7. Added chopped turkey bacon slices, cheese, and green onion.
    8. Cook until cheese is melted and eat up!

Macros
    Calories 372
    18g Fat
    24g Carbs
    35g Protein