• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    ten minute video?

can you just post the recipe?
  • suznhenz
    suznhenz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just made a big batch of chili using 3/4 lb of ground turkey, which I browned and drained off the fat. I put the meat in a bigger pot. Then I sauteed 1/2 or so of a medium onion, 2 stalks of celery (chopped ), 1/2 of a orange bell pepper (chopped), about 3/4 c of chopped carrots and about 2 T of minced garlic. When the onions were soft, I added one medium sized zucchini (grated) and sauteed the mixture for a few minutes.I added all the veggies to the meat, along with two large cans of diced tomatoes, a can of black beans, a can of garbanzo beans and a can of chili beans and about 3 T each of cumin powder and Chili powder (basically, to taste). I didn't add salt, since most of the canned items had salt in them. I cooked it covered on low for an hour or so, then ate a bowl for dinner. I liked it, and the added veggies just added some flavor, fiber and volume and very few calories.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has a white chili i like
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I think my regular old chili is pretty healthy...it's just three different kinds of beans, lean ground beef, and tomato puree, onions and bell pepper and spices.
  • wellsmv
    wellsmv Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    suznhenz wrote: »
    I just made a big batch of chili using 3/4 lb of ground turkey, which I browned and drained off the fat. I put the meat in a bigger pot. Then I sauteed 1/2 or so of a medium onion, 2 stalks of celery (chopped ), 1/2 of a orange bell pepper (chopped), about 3/4 c of chopped carrots and about 2 T of minced garlic. When the onions were soft, I added one medium sized zucchini (grated) and sauteed the mixture for a few minutes.I added all the veggies to the meat, along with two large cans of diced tomatoes, a can of black beans, a can of garbanzo beans and a can of chili beans and about 3 T each of cumin powder and Chili powder (basically, to taste). I didn't add salt, since most of the canned items had salt in them. I cooked it covered on low for an hour or so, then ate a bowl for dinner. I liked it, and the added veggies just added some flavor, fiber and volume and very few calories.

i love ground turkey..but wife hates the taste.
    do you dice the celery up fine or leave it chunky ?