Pre Diabetes Group

Options
Looking for a group of friends to encourage each other. Please post lifestyle changes you have made or challenges you face.

Replies

• Luna3828
    Luna3828 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    High BP, Pre-D, Obesity is what the Dr wrote on my chart...and he was overweight.
  • KimberlyCordner
    KimberlyCordner Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    He was probably going by the BMI guidelines.
  • KimberlyCordner
    Options
    When I was diagnosed with pre diabetes, my doctor said to watch my carbs and sugar. I didn't know specific guidelines for my diet, so I had to research how many carbs, sugar, etc. to eat each day/meal. My doctor later suggested to look at the American Diabetes Association website. Eating a low carb, low sugar diet really helped me lose weight. With God's help, I was able to lose 40lbs. in 7 months. In the past two months, I have added daily exercise. This is also helpful and makes me feel good. Yoga is great too. Once you do something for 30 days, it becomes a habit. So doing exercise daily makes you want to do more of it. Good habit to start!
    Also a good website/app for recipes is Yummly. Yummly.com
  • sugom2
    sugom2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Kimberly, can you give an example of your typical breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Great job losing the 40 pounds--that is my goal as well.
  • KimberlyCordner
    Options
    Add me as a friend so you can see my diary.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    IFabU wrote: »
    High BP, Pre-D, Obesity is what the Dr wrote on my chart...and he was overweight.
    And? His own state of health should not make a difference to what he writes on yours?
  • thenewmrsoliver
    thenewmrsoliver Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. This is my first 30 seconds on the site and you just gave me some hope. I just didn't know where to start for eating better. I will check the Diabetes Association website.
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I was pre-diabetic in January at my Dr's...
    My A1C tests were 6.2, 6.4, 6.4 and 7.4 in January.
    He said "put on your shoes" meaning get active..do something..He wanted to put me on meds..I said no..I'll lose weight first.

My Dr. said nothing at all about low carbs.

I have lost 71 pounds so far. I got a clean bill of health from Dr. on July 28th
    No Meds for anything, My last two A1C tests were 5.4 & 5.5

I also eat plenty of carbs.

My advice: Get Active, Lose Weight, (I also cut out all pop)

Good Luck!
  • philbanet
    philbanet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Prediabetic here as well. Last two A1C tests were 6.1 and 6.2. Working with my doctor on weight management. She gave me a target number of carbs for the day, along with a calorie limit.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I was diagnose prediabetic this year. You can add me. I usually eat a low carb diet. Where I fail is my wine!!! :s If I can get that under control and lose more weight I am sure my A1C will lower.