Strength Training & Weight Lifting: What's your favorite muscle to feel sore in?

Options
I'm finally to the point where I consider myself a full-time weight lifter and I'm really getting comfortable with trying new things and pushing my body to its limits to see progress and growth! Nothing makes me happier than feeling that tell-tale soreness that lets me know I had an awesome workout the day before! I'm curious what muscles you love feeling that next day burn in? For me I would say it's a tie between triceps, lats, and glutes since those are the three I am really working hard to put a major changes into!

How about everyone else? What sore muscle do you love to wake up to after a heavy lifting day?

Replies

• shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Pretty much the same as you! I love when my glutes are sore. Best feeling ever. Other than when I try to pee. Then not so much. I also love when my quads are sore then my lats and biceps. <3
  • Hoohoohaa
    Hoohoohaa Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Pecs and delts. Actually funny not being able to put light boxes away on the top shelf the following day, since I am the biggest person at my job. Plus, they are starting to pop, which is always fun to see
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Quads, definitely quads.

That being said, I miss the days of DOMS. I don't ever seem to get sore anymore.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Anything upper body [shoulders, biceps, triceps, pectorals, deltoids], which is why arm day is my favorite day.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hamstrings. Because I like hating my life when I sit down on a toilet seat.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    None. DOMS inhibit the next workout - regardless of which lift I'm doing.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    None. I've lifted weights a long time, never enjoyed doms of any sort. It was something that just had to be tolerated on occasion.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    pubococcygeus
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Back DOMS, which I never experienced til I started deadlifting.

I dont get it anymore. I kind of miss the feeling.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    None. The only time I get them anymore is after a complete deload, and when I get them I hate them especially knowing I have 3 more training sessions that week to get through.
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    deadliftsandnoodles Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I love back doms, I used to like leg doms but I pull silly faces when getting up and sitting down at my desk and people think I'm mid orgasm
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    The back, traps, and the hammies. Never not deadlift.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Glutes, that feels productive, I am always OK with growing more... Don't like when my arms or shoulders are sore, that makes yoga so difficult and can give headaches. Don't like when my legs are sore because then my running is wobbly!

Hips are the best to be sore and massaged, it's intense but transcendent.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i am not a fan of DOMS as I feel it inhibits my next workout....
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Core. It reminds me that there are, in fact, muscles hidden there :lol:
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I like the feeling of sore abs.
  • fitgamercatlady
    fitgamercatlady Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Anything that can be sore while allowing me to use a toilet normally :D
  • kevinf2380
    kevinf2380 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Biceps, I like when my arms can barely touch my sides because they are so pumped.
  • hannahsadler_tn
    hannahsadler_tn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love it when my lats and pecs are sore. I've really been trying to focus on my upper body/back strength and it's starting to pay off! I'm not a huge fan of soreness from leg day.. as other posters have said, it makes things like using the bathroom interesting. I don't like struggling to get out of my car, which also happens if i get too sore in my hamstrings or quads lol.
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I don't enjoy it at all. If my arms or torso are sore, I don't/almost can't walk. (I walk on crutches, so I use my entire body to walk, especially arms, shoulders, neck and back).