Need more Wedding Friends!

Options
Hey guys,

I have been losing weight off and on forever it seems, but am getting back on the wagon so I can hopefully fit into my dream size wedding dress! Any other folks sweating for the wedding? I'd love more MFP friends!!!

Replies

• Forever_Country09
    Forever_Country09 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting married soon, but I am still sweating haha. I would love to be your fitness friend! I can help keep you on track :)
  • jlj9287
    jlj9287 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm hoping to lose my last 20 pounds before the wedding in November.
  • Tmr419
    Tmr419 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in March of 2017 and I'm sweating so hard for the wedding! Lol. I've only lost a few pounds but anything is better than nothing, right? I'm going to try on wedding dresses next month and I'm trying to lose at least 15 pounds before then!! Congrats on your wedding!!
  • spiritsattain
    spiritsattain Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tmr419 wrote: »
    I'm getting married in March of 2017 and I'm sweating so hard for the wedding! Lol. I've only lost a few pounds but anything is better than nothing, right? I'm going to try on wedding dresses next month and I'm trying to lose at least 15 pounds before then!! Congrats on your wedding!!

I have a year before my wedding (my SO is in the military, and we gotta wait on them to let him go!) so I'm hoping to get something done! Congrats on your wedding as well!
  • musicathy
    musicathy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck on "sweating for the wedding" - mine is in November :) Keep in mind.. you "dream size" wedding dress may be 2-3 sizes larger than you think. Bridal sizes are smaller than regular store sizing, so if your goal is a size 8 jeans, you may be in a 12/14 wedding dress. Don't let that discourage you - its just their sizing, and all perspective.

I currently wear an 18 but am in a TWENTY SIX wedding dress, sounds MASSIVE (and I'm not small at an 18, obviously, hence MFP) but I knew I didnt gain 100lbs walking into the bridal shop. ITs just a number. Most important to feel confident :)

Congrats all!
  • evakamer
    evakamer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming marriage! I've also been losing weight on and off for what seems like forever, and I just got married this past May. I ordered my wedding dress in a size 18 in October 2015. A month later is when I started being far more diligent about my workouts and nutrition, with a goal of losing 1-2 pounds per week. In the six months before the wedding I lost an additional 25-30 lbs. The tailor had to take my dress in four sizes (down to a 'bridal' size 10) to make it fit! It was a great feeling knowing my hard work had paid off, but most importantly I felt stronger and healthier and had made lifestyle changes that will last beyond the wedding.

You've probably heard it before, but keep in mind that sizing is really crazy in general, but even more so for wedding dresses. When I ordered the size 18 dress, I was probably a size 14 in normal clothes. After I had lost the 25-30 lbs I'm now a size 8-10 depending on the brand of clothing and the fabric. If the wedding keeps you motivated, definitely use that as motivation to keep going and stay on track, capitalize on that... but try not to get too caught up in the actual size number. Feeling strong and healthy is far more important :smile:
  • jlj9287
    jlj9287 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    musicathy wrote: »
    Good luck on "sweating for the wedding" - mine is in November :) Keep in mind.. you "dream size" wedding dress may be 2-3 sizes larger than you think. Bridal sizes are smaller than regular store sizing, so if your goal is a size 8 jeans, you may be in a 12/14 wedding dress. Don't let that discourage you - its just their sizing, and all perspective.

I currently wear an 18 but am in a TWENTY SIX wedding dress, sounds MASSIVE (and I'm not small at an 18, obviously, hence MFP) but I knew I didnt gain 100lbs walking into the bridal shop. ITs just a number. Most important to feel confident :)

Congrats all!

Agreed. When I bought my dress, my jeans were a size 10, but my dress was a 16 (I'm pretty busty). Now I'm almost a 4/6, but my wedding dress is a 12 (again, darn bust). The dress fits beautifully, though, so I can't complain.
  • spiritsattain
    spiritsattain Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had no idea!!! I am getting a dress custom made for me through Etsy, so I guess it won't have a real "size" on it, but I want to be in a size 12 before I wear it.