Favourite protein bar?

Options
2»

Replies

• angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of the Quest bars...and their peanut butter cups. MMMM!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Their's one in the UK called Grenade Carb Killa and the White chocolate is amazing.
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Simply Whey Chocolate Mint. I like bars without sugar alcohols, but that are also very low in sugar, this is the only brand that I have found that does that. I enjoy Quest and Pure protein for the chewy-fudgyness. I think I might be the only person out there who really dislikes Oh Yeah bars.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have yet to find one that isn't a glorified (and overpriced) Snickers, so I started passing on them. That being said, I was a huge fan of Quest bars before I realized what they actually do to blood sugar.

Bro, do you even snickers protein? :wink:

41BXBW-LybL.jpg

^these are my favorite, followed by Quest.
  • dilvid
    dilvid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from protein bars and really only use them as a treat. I love the mars and snickers ones. Yeah I know Snickers were mentioned before but I actually mean the Protein versions...For those who don't know...

Mars

Snickers
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    I have yet to find one that isn't a glorified (and overpriced) Snickers, so I started passing on them. That being said, I was a huge fan of Quest bars before I realized what they actually do to blood sugar.

Bro, do you even snickers protein? :wink:

41BXBW-LybL.jpg

^these are my favorite, followed by Quest.

Haha, I tried one of those, but it was just too much on the sugar end for me. I've always been a "plain foods" kind of person, which is probably why Quest ended up being my preference. Hell, even half of those are too sweet for my liking.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Combat Crunch bats are my favorite by far. My husband likes the Gatorade ones.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Of all the ones I've tried, I like Quest. They have less of the spackling compound (Clif) or epoxy glue (Julian) texture of most of the other ones -- but I find they are overly sweet for me.