Raw into cooked weight

Options
I bought some extra lean steak mince from musclefood, yet it weighs 400g raw and the nutritional info on the musclefood website is per 100g raw. I only want to eat about 130g of it yet I would need to defrost it all given it is in a small concealed packet and thus cook it all as I would not cook the rest until next weekend at least. If it weighs 400g raw and I cook it all, how much would 130g raw weigh cooked do you think?

Replies

• aniakleniewska
    aniakleniewska Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd use a mathematic formula ;) kind of like... 130/400 is X, and then divide X by whatever the final weight of the cooked stead weighs... That should do it :)
    it's better to get a calculator out than guesstimate!
  • callumwalker1995
    callumwalker1995 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    that is a brilliant idea, I cant believe I didn't think of that :D thanks a lot
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    I'd use a mathematic formula ;) kind of like... 130/400 is X, and then divide X by whatever the final weight of the cooked stead weighs... That should do it :)
    it's better to get a calculator out than guesstimate!

good idea, except you multiply total cooked weight by X, not divide X by total cooked weight. X in this specific example is .325 (130/400). You want to multiply .325 by the final weight of the cooked mince to find out how much 130 g raw weighs after you cooked it.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    130 is 1/3 of 400.... cook it, weight it and divide the portion by three.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »

That's fine, but tomorrow OP will be back with a full pack of mince that weighs 500 g and wanting to know how much 120 g raw will weigh cooked. I think @aniakleniewska and I were trying to show him how to figure it out for all cases, not just this specific case.
  • callumwalker1995
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »

That's fine, but tomorrow OP will be back with a full pack of mince that weighs 500 g and wanting to know how much 120 g raw will weigh cooked. I think @aniakleniewska and I were trying to show him how to figure it out for all cases, not just this specific case.

yep brilliant help thanks you too, much appreciated
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    A 400g pack of mince is only 2 portions in my house! :laugh:
  • callumwalker1995
    Options
    A 400g pack of mince is only 2 portions in my house! :laugh:

only need 30g of protein so 140g suffices