Ever have a day where you just can't seem to feel full?

Options
2»

Replies

• paogbow39
    paogbow39 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I call that a "week day". I always try to leave my self some sort of room in my calorie count for a late night protein snack, but it can be tough.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Most people do not truly know what hunger is and just want to eat. Unless you are in a prolonged period of actual starvation/fasting, it is likely just an emotional response.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    guy or girl? I am always hungrier when I am about to get my period. Could be a slight shift in hormones. Maybe without the cardio releasing some sweet, sweet endorphin your body wanted to get them a different way.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Most people do not truly know what hunger is and just want to eat. Unless you are in a prolonged period of actual starvation/fasting, it is likely just an emotional response.

It's funny how that it seems to mostly happen the week before their time of the month for females! What a coincidence!

But yeah, if you don't sleep enough, it happens too.
  • Big5BigChange
    Big5BigChange Posts: 56 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    [/quote]
    Emotional hunger is really no less of a problem than physical hunger. We're not Vulcans.

[/quote]

Bloody hilarious (and also wise)

PS sorry - not good at this quoting thing

• leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »

Emotional hunger is really no less of a problem than physical hunger. We're not Vulcans.

I would pull a page from Yoni Freedhoff's book and track your feelings of hunger in your diary comments. Look for patterns - are there meals that just don't satisfy you? I know by now that certain foods are less filling, and I try to pair them with a very filling food.

LOL. :D I agree and another factor that men may not understand is that insatiable desire to eat that is associated with female hormonal shifts.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    errryday..that's errryday for me. Lol. Seriously. Especially while cutting. How are you tracking your TDEE (just curious)?
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have this issue too sometimes. What my dietitian told me is to try eating a snack with a combination of protein and carbs, but eat the protein first. She said it'll help keep you feeling fuller and more satisfied. Usually it works for me.
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy. Seem to feel much better today so the feed and rest helped. Not nearly as hungry even after a long run!