FOCUS T25

Options
Heyy! I'm Christiee, I am 22 and have literally zero fitness (seriously even walking is a struggle)! The minimum I want to lose is 6 stone. Now my smoking quit is 100% in the bag I have decided to invest my time in losing weight and getting fit!

ANYWAY! Back on topic I am wanting your opinions on Shaun T's FocusT25...(I have tried Jillian Michela's 30 Day Shred once or twice and it bored me to tears.) Do you have before and after pictures from one round of T25? Do you have any tips to get through the whole 10 weeks?

Seriously any input will help! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If walking is a struggle then I wouldn't start with t25.

Start with walking, or swimming, which is easier on the joints
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    If you like the routine of having a set program to follow, it might work for you. There is not as much jumping as Insanity but it is still a tough workout. As the above posted mentioned if you are struggling to walk perhaps this is not the program for you.
    My best advice is to schedule your workout every day so it doesn't get pushed to the side when you get busy.
  • AmbitiousButRubbish
    AmbitiousButRubbish Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I was religious with my logging and did T25. I lost about 20 lbs. but I did Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and then the Gamma hybrid. I really enjoyed it but it does get tedious towards the end of each phase since you do the same videos over and over. It is very demanding. For most of the program I needed the weekends to rest because my whole body hurt (sore).
  • Christiee93
    Christiee93 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If walking is a struggle then I wouldn't start with t25.

Start with walking, or swimming, which is easier on the joints
    kd_mazur wrote: »
    If you like the routine of having a set program to follow, it might work for you. There is not as much jumping as Insanity but it is still a tough workout. As the above posted mentioned if you are struggling to walk perhaps this is not the program for you.
    My best advice is to schedule your workout every day so it doesn't get pushed to the side when you get busy.

Hi guys thanks for your input! I didn't specify but it's not joint problems of why I struggle with walking, it is general fitness, been out of breath. I was hoping T25 would kick start my cardio fitness and hurry it along so to speak?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    The modifier for the video makes the workout very low impact, so I think you probably do it, especially if you managed to do 30 day shred. It can get repetitive, I would agree with that.

Now, full disclosure: I did Alpha and Beta, and I didn't lose any weight. I definitely increased my stamina and fitness level, but no weight loss. This is not the fault of the program, I simply wasn't tracking my food at that time because for me, the first step was to get into an exercise routine. If you log your food with MFP, I think you would see results.

I was part of a challenge group when I did it, and that really helped me. Having other people to help stay accountable, and complain with, was helpful. It was also nice to see other people have days where they couldn't fit it in, and then see them get right back to it the next day. So if you can find others who are doing it as well, I think it's a big plus.
  • Christiee93
    Options
    I was religious with my logging and did T25. I lost about 20 lbs. but I did Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and then the Gamma hybrid. I really enjoyed it but it does get tedious towards the end of each phase since you do the same videos over and over. It is very demanding. For most of the program I needed the weekends to rest because my whole body hurt (sore).

Aww great thanks for your input. I'm so excited to try it! Did you eat from the plan or just count calories?
  • Christiee93
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    The modifier for the video makes the workout very low impact, so I think you probably do it, especially if you managed to do 30 day shred. It can get repetitive, I would agree with that.

Now, full disclosure: I did Alpha and Beta, and I didn't lose any weight. I definitely increased my stamina and fitness level, but no weight loss. This is not the fault of the program, I simply wasn't tracking my food at that time because for me, the first step was to get into an exercise routine. If you log your food with MFP, I think you would see results.

I was part of a challenge group when I did it, and that really helped me. Having other people to help stay accountable, and complain with, was helpful. It was also nice to see other people have days where they couldn't fit it in, and then see them get right back to it the next day. So if you can find others who are doing it as well, I think it's a big plus.

Thanks for your input! I'm going to look for a challenge group etc. :)
  • AliciaBerries
    AliciaBerries Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am on my last week of beta (I plan to continue on and finish gamma.) I've gone from 229 to 206, although I've added in walks and some other weightlifting a few times a week. I follow the modifier a lot and I did not do the meal plan, just counted calories. If you go at your own pace you should be fine.
  • Christiee93
    Options
    I am on my last week of beta (I plan to continue on and finish gamma.) I've gone from 229 to 206, although I've added in walks and some other weightlifting a few times a week. I follow the modifier a lot and I did not do the meal plan, just counted calories. If you go at your own pace you should be fine.

Ooooh thank you! I'm so excited to start it! Hopefully recieve it day after tomorrow!
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've done Alpha and Beta, currently on the Gamma cycle. The first two mix in cardio so if that's what you're looking for, it may be right for you. As mentioned, if you need help, the modifier is great as well.
  • Christiee93
    Options
    jeichelb83 wrote: »
    I've done Alpha and Beta, currently on the Gamma cycle. The first two mix in cardio so if that's what you're looking for, it may be right for you. As mentioned, if you need help, the modifier is great as well.

I reckon my first round will be using the modifier mainly. Plan on doing it twice once after the other then investing in Insanity Max 30 :)
  • Christiee93
    Options
    I've done alpha and beta T25 and at the time used the modifier for some parts. Since then I've lost about 45 pounds and I pulled it out the other day...didn't use the modifier at all and felt it was a good, quick efficient cardio workout for when I was short on time. I like Insanity better, just FYI. T25 has a lot of jumping so be warned. I think you'd be ok...if you need to use the modifier for lower impact, go ahead. You can follow her for the entire video or just go down to low impact when you feel the need. Good luck :)

Hi! Thanks for replying. I tried insanity but couldn't hack it so a coach recommended T25. I am planning on doing 10 weeks with modifier then the 10 weeks again of no modifier. Just got alpha and beta. Thanks!
  • angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have done 2 rounds of T25 and love it. The second time, I used it in conjunction with a circuit training program, but I got great results both times. There is no dread factor in it (until you get to Gamma) and I LOVE Shaun T's "coaching" methods. He's so down-to-earth and his methods are approachable and fun. I'm actually going to get back into this (again using it in addition to another program) when I'm done with my current hybrid plan that ends mid-September. Enjoy!
  • Christiee93
    Options
    I have done 2 rounds of T25 and love it. The second time, I used it in conjunction with a circuit training program, but I got great results both times. There is no dread factor in it (until you get to Gamma) and I LOVE Shaun T's "coaching" methods. He's so down-to-earth and his methods are approachable and fun. I'm actually going to get back into this (again using it in addition to another program) when I'm done with my current hybrid plan that ends mid-September. Enjoy!

I'm so excited!!
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ive Done 3 Rounds Of T25 And Can Say I Loved It And The Results.. Lock In Your Nutrition And Stay Consistent The Whole Time, And Youll Get Great Results Too! 2ocr0kywn7fg.jpg
    zjwg7k28wmf5.jpg

• Christiee93
    Options
    Cchioles wrote: »
    Ive Done 3 Rounds Of T25 And Can Say I Loved It And The Results.. Lock In Your Nutrition And Stay Consistent The Whole Time, And Youll Get Great Results Too! 2ocr0kywn7fg.jpg
    zjwg7k28wmf5.jpg

You're results are amazing! Thank you for sharing! I can't wait to start now!