Need to lose 100+ lbs .... suggestions, insight, things that work...HELP!

Options
Anybody else need to lose 100or more lbs? Or anybody that has lost 100or more lbs? Can we post in here with things that work when people have this much weight to lose?

I started weighing 339 I am now 273 I would like to push onward toward getting to 160. Just need some tips. I did get myself down to 213 and was there for awhile then became very stressed out. Went through a divorce and gained some weight back. I'm very portioned as far as my weight. I do have sagging skin in my stomach and thighs from losing the weight. Any suggestions on tightening skin? Any work out suggestions will help. You got it .... bring it.... I'm up for the challenge. :)

Replies

• songbird13291
    songbird13291 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've lost 65 and I have another 60 or so to lose. My Fitbit is a great motivator, it gets me moving every day.
  • OMAChiver
    OMAChiver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started at 400 and weighed in this morning at 302. My goal is 200, so, I'm almost halfway there. Over the last couple of months I have focused on several things that have made a huge impact on accelerating my weight loss. I only drink water and try to consume about 64 oz/day. I only eat food that I prepare myself, and I meal prep several days at a time so I never run out. At each meal I focus on consuming high quality proteins first, veggies second, and fruits third. And last but not least, I walk, everyday. None of this is ground breaking, but I think one of the biggest keys to my success has been consistency. I agree that my Fitbit is a great motivator, as well as the people in my Fitbit friends list who constantly challenge me to go further and take more steps. As far as workout suggestions, I would say just get out there and get started because that's the hardest part. It doesn't need to be anything earth shattering, just start by finding 30 minutes everyday that you can set aside to walk. Over the course of a couple of weeks focus on either increasing the time, distance, or pace. Whatever you do, be consistent and constant with it.
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Listen to OMAchiver - he has the right idea. Don't worry about sagging skin it'll go in time and after you've lost the rest of the weight. It's actually probably sagging fat. But don't worry just keep going. Sounds as if you are doing well.