Options
2»

Replies

• s_hossein
    s_hossein Posts: 143 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    nv8430mpma74.jpeg
    This is what i want for glutes & abs, and muscular upper body. So what would be best to achieve this

4d1aw08h8i62.png
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    s_hossein wrote: »
    Also, flat abs comes from the kitchen. You need a calorie deficit to cut the fat.

Okay, I chose the m&s full body workout for 3 days and the cardio would be for abs right?
    Also, Is 40g fat a day too much?

Body fat and dietary fat are not the same thing. Cut calories will cut body fat. So whether you have 40g of fat or 100g, body fat is loss is controlled by calories.

So how many calories are you eating?

Also, the M&S workout is pretty good. I have another client I am working with that using it. It's complete total body and the overall volume is fairly good, until you can use a barbell. Alternatively, you can do a program like StrongCurves and modify for the equipment you have.

But if you really like lower body focus, nothing will beat SC.

2000-2500 calories

Yes, Id like to build my lower body but I also want to tone my arms etc.

Are the ab workouts I posted ok?

Ab workouts are fine.

Are you currently gaining weight, maintaining or losing?

It would help to know the answers to the questions above. If you're trying to lose fat, then your 2 - 2.5k calories might be too much. If you're trying to gain muscle and not worrying about gaining fat then you could be on the right track, but you'd then have to cut again to get close to those pictures.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    nv8430mpma74.jpeg
    This is what i want for glutes & abs, and muscular upper body. So what would be best to achieve this

4d1aw08h8i62.png

Well for abs, you need low body fat and good body composition (adequate muscle mass). But a good butt, hope genetics is on your side and then work it.

But genetics determines how things look.
  • s_hossein
    Options
    Well, since october-april I tried to put on weight and gain muscle etc. But now Im seeing slim girls with defined glutes without having to eat so much? Id love to lose the fat in my stomach area but Ive tried many workouts with my trainer and Im still skinny fat with no definition
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Well, since october-april I tried to put on weight and gain muscle etc. But now Im seeing slim girls with defined glutes without having to eat so much? Id love to lose the fat in my stomach area but Ive tried many workouts with my trainer and Im still skinny fat with no definition

A lot of that starts with your diet. And then it's followed up by an ineffective workout plan towards your goal. I would bring down my calories to 1700-1900 to start and follow a program like strongcurves (if you have the equipment). If not, use the M&S program.
  • s_hossein
    Options

A lot of that starts with your diet. And then it's followed up by an ineffective workout plan towards your goal. I would bring down my calories to 1700-1900 to start and follow a program like strongcurves (if you have the equipment). If not, use the M&S program.

Ive the StrongCurves book, but what about abs&arms?

• psuLemon
    Options

Ive the StrongCurves book, but what about abs&arms?

SC has arm moved in it. OHP and chest press are compound and use a variety of muscles. You actually dont need to do bicep curls to get biceps. They are being worked with row and press. You get lean arms but losing body fat. As you become more lean, your muscles will show more.

Unfortunately, genetics will dictate how long it will be. Also keep in mind that you should compare or based your goals on how someone else looks as that is genetic. What you can influence is body composition.
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    What is your diet like?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP - it sounds like you are all over the place, I would suggest the following..

1. pick a goal - reduce body fat, recomp, bulk ,etc.
    2. get on a structured lifting program and follow only that program - strong lifts, strong curves etc
    3. make sure that you are getting proper macros and micro
    4. once you pick a goal comitti to for a period of at least three to six months.

• s_hossein
    Options
    Thanks all :smile: My diet changed 4 months ago because I decided to go vegan but protein is still high. If I lower calories to 1700 as suggested it would be much easier for me
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    What do you consider high protein? Just curious because everyone has a different opinion on that it seems.
  • s_hossein
    Options
    mostein wrote: »
    What do you consider high protein? Just curious because everyone has a different opinion on that it seems.

I mean for me it is compared to before. I eat min. 100g

• s_hossein
    Options
    Im already skinny so Im not sure if a deficit is ok