100+ lbs to lose.... help!

Options
Anybody else need to lose 100or more lbs? Or anybody that has lost 100or more lbs? Can we post in here with things that work when people have this much weight to lose?

I started weighing 339 I am now 273 I would like to push onward toward getting to 160. Just need some tips. I did get myself down to 213 and was there for awhile then became very stressed out. Went through a divorce and gained some weight back. I'm very portioned as far as my weight. I do have sagging skin in my stomach and thighs from losing the weight. Any suggestions on tightening skin? Any work out suggestions will help. You got it .... bring it.... I'm up for the challenge. :)

Replies

• illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You already lost down to 213, so you know what works. The hard part is sticking to it. Lifting weights will help, as putting on muscle will help burn more calories and assist in keeping off the weight. Get your protein and your fiber to help you feel full.

I have about 100 lbs to lose.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I started in January 2016 with a goal of 135 pounds lost by Christmas 2016. I am at 87 pounds lost and will make my goal. I am doing low carb high fat and have a self imposed limit of1500 calories per day. I have not been hungry because of the LCHF even with just 1500 cals. I have not done any exercise. AS far as sagging skin I believe i will have some....I know its not fun to have but I will look at as a consequence of letting myself get to 360 pounds in the first place. Check out dietdoctor.com
  • rocco2018
    rocco2018 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anybody else need to lose 100or more lbs? Or anybody that has lost 100or more lbs? Can we post in here with things that work when people have this much weight to lose?

I started weighing 339 I am now 273 I would like to push onward toward getting to 160. Just need some tips. I did get myself down to 213 and was there for awhile then became very stressed out. Went through a divorce and gained some weight back. I'm very portioned as far as my weight. I do have sagging skin in my stomach and thighs from losing the weight. Any suggestions on tightening skin? Any work out suggestions will help. You got it .... bring it.... I'm up for the challenge. :)

Well workout excercise will help if you are really motivated and want to loose that much lbs target the area you are wanted to loose the weight 25 reps 5 set really light and 15 to 30 seconds rest. Don't hesitate in get to your goal fast you want to build and loose weight at the same time and it takes time and I don't know much about nutrition but here someone else can help you with that since not everybody have different ideas but chicken would help you loose weight quick. Good luck and let me know if that works for you.
  • snerggly
    snerggly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My very best friend from high school, who is a registered Dietitian, went on a Vegan diet (she still is) two years ago and lost 150 lbs. It took her over a year, she is in her 50's but she did it. She makes wonderful foods without oil and all plant based. She walks an hour a day for exercise. I am so proud of her!

You can do it!
  • hlbutterfield1212
    hlbutterfield1212 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A vegan plant based diet is great for weight loss. I recommend High Carb Hannah and her husband, Derek, for great tips on vegan weight loss.
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    A vegan plant based diet is great for weight loss. I recommend High Carb Hannah and her husband, Derek, for great tips on vegan weight loss.

Never heard of Hannah, but she's got to be better than Freelee.
  • nikkidj8404
    nikkidj8404 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    snerggly wrote: »
    My very best friend from high school, who is a registered Dietitian, went on a Vegan diet (she still is) two years ago and lost 150 lbs. It took her over a year, she is in her 50's but she did it. She makes wonderful foods without oil and all plant based. She walks an hour a day for exercise. I am so proud of her!

You can do it!

I thought about trying a vegan diet but I love baked chicken lol I have heard of juicing too. But i didnt know how safe itis.