Cleanse anyone?

Options
Just wondering if any of you cleanse and if so, how do you find it helps you? I've been feeling very blah lately, very bloated and just overall crappy. So, I was thinking of doing some sort of cleanse for a few days but I'd like to do it naturally, no over the counter stuff.

Can anyone recommend a good "natural" cleanse?

Replies

• lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    I'm interested to see what people recommend. I've been thinking the same thing, but don't want to fork out big bucks for a "commercial" cleanse.
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Isagenix :bigsmile:
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    big old bump!
  • nilla32zoe
    nilla32zoe Posts: 18
    Options
    Shakeology has a good cleanse. 3 days of shakeology drink lots of water, some green tea and salad.:blushing:
  • sweetie1975
    sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Again, I want to stress, I'm looking for a "natural" cleanse, nothing produced commericially such as Isagenix. Nothing against Isagenix but I'm looking to go "all natural" on this.
  • DWalter1976
    Options
    The master cleanse is phenomenal. Its not for everyone, but if you can do it and follow the directions properly, it works really well and is relatively inexpensive. Just search "master cleanse" on google and check out a few pages.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    clean eating...all natural, wholesome foods. fresh fruits and veggies. nothing processed. and tons of water. serious. :bigsmile:
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if any of you cleanse and if so, how do you find it helps you? I've been feeling very blah lately, very bloated and just overall crappy. So, I was thinking of doing some sort of cleanse for a few days but I'd like to do it naturally, no over the counter stuff.

Can anyone recommend a good "natural" cleanse?

I have done the 3 Day Shakeology Cleanse on 3 different occasions (I usually do it once a quarter). It is amazing how much better I feel after 3 days is up, any weight loss is just an additional benefit. The 3 Day Shakeology Cleanse is $55.00 which isn't horrible and you still get to eat fruit as well as a salad with lean protein for dinner.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Fruit flush....it's 3 days, the first day consists of protein shakes and the 2 other days is fruit. You can find it on WebMD. Id post if for you, but I'm on my cell. Btw, it's one of the few cleanses that's not harmful....as long as you don't have diabetes.
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    eat ONLY fruits and veggies for 7 days and drink ONLY water. it's supposed to give you a natural cleanse
    i hear its really hard to do and stick with but hey it's only 7 days
    i want to try it but that's a little hard for me right now as fruits and veggies are not cheap
  • gsarro
    gsarro Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i agree with fresh fruit, tons of water, exercise and honestly prunes. Two a day the work, may need more may need less, but it is the most healthly.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I do a natural cleanse every five or six weeks. I just spend 2-4 days eating nothing but fresh fruits/veggies/raw nuts/very lightly steamed veggies.

Here's how I'll do mine (close; I vary it up some)

breakfast (and more) smoothie:

1/2 cup strawberries, frozen
    3/4 cup blueberries, frozen
    1/2 cup orange juice
    2 c. raw baby spinach
    3 oz. baby carrots
    1 TBSP flax seed meal
    1 TBSP agave nectar
    water for blending

I'll have the same for lunch...usually the same for supper too. Occasionally for supper, I'll add in some steamed edemame with no salt. They're high in protein and just taste good. For snacks, I go with raw almonds. I'll have 2-3 servings of them per day. You could do any raw nut, but almonds are my favorite for their sweet flavor. Pecans would probably be really good too. I'll also eat fresh apples, fresh carrots, etc. for snacks.

Keep your gas X close by-sometimes I'll get a little gassy (TMI, I know) during this cleanse. It balances back out just as soon as I start eating the slower moving stuff though. :)

Oh-I also drink TONS of water during this time. I am usually around 14 glasses a day; during a cleanse, I go for 16 minimum.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    clean eating...all natural, wholesome foods. fresh fruits and veggies. nothing processed. and tons of water. serious. :bigsmile:

This!
    I've recently did a little research and this was the best way to go for me. Not so much just a cleanse, but to move that way for life.
  • chlsrae4
    chlsrae4 Posts: 1
    Options
    Women's Health Magazine had a really great article about cleansing and detoxing which includes a cleanse plan. They also offered a "Look Better Naked" 2-day cleanse.

Here is the link to the first cleanse:
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/cleanse-diet?page=1
    There are 3 pages to the article and the 3rd page is the cleanse.

Here is the link to the "Look Better Naked" cleanse:
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/fast-diet
    This is a print and go PDF file and requires a women's health log in, but I think all you need to do is enter your email address and sign up (should be free), then you can download the PDF.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

What she said.

Detox programs are a myth. They are ineffective, most are expensive, and they are a placebo. They have been totally debunked by the medical community.

They are a WASTE OF TIME AND EFFORT.

You are way better off spending your effort focusing on clean living, clean eating, and healthy exercise.

Here's one link that has good data:
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/04/080428170407.htm
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Flat belly detox - google it or buy the flat belly diest book
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Yep kelly_a.

My cleanse consists of - 6 meals a day. 3 of fruit (3 pieces each) and 3 of vegetables (a variety of 6) nothing cooked - and only water to drink.

This is what it might look like:

630 - apple, pear, peach
    800 - lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, radishes, mushrooms, broccoli
    1000 - banana, nectarine, strawberries
    1230 - lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, radishes, mushrooms, broccoli
    300 - watermellon, cantalope, kiwis
    600 - lettuce, zucchini, kale, cauliflower, onions, mushrooms, spinach

I use a apple cider/vinegar mixture 3 times a day - usually put it on my "salads" because I can't stand taking "shots" of it.

I have found that by the NIGHT of day 3 I feel pretty darned good - very cleaned out so to speak, not very energetic - but I also don't work out when I do this cleanse, maybe walking, but nothing strenuous.

Some girls I have worked with get very nausious by day 2 and get the runs pretty bad.......by day 3 watch out - you can tend to get pretty *****y.

Thing is - by morning of day 4, oatmeal tastes SOOO good!

I have NEVER done this for weightloss - I have done this as part of a supervised program at my gym during a fitness challange - I did it to get to CLEAN eating......when you cleanse your body out - and go to eating clean, the food just tastes so good and you appreciate it more.

I am not saying for everyone to go out and do this - but this is the ONLY "cleanse" I would ever use, NO pills, NO powders, No potions!
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

What she said.

Detox programs are a myth. They are ineffective, most are expensive, and they are a placebo. They have been totally debunked by the medical community.

They are a WASTE OF TIME AND EFFORT.

You are way better off spending your effort focusing on clean living, clean eating, and healthy exercise.

Here's one link that has good data:
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/04/080428170407.htm

Disagree. After naughty weekends, or if I want to jump start back into a good program when i have been lacking I do the flat belly detox ( no, it is not some potion it is a diet of clean eating ) I feel awesome. and lose 3-5 lbs on the way. May be water weight or whatever, but I love it.