Ketogenic diet

Options
jaxis
jaxis Posts: 2 Member
hi..I'm new and plan on starting the Ketogenic diet. I would really appreciate any advice..tips.. Meal plans from those of you who have been successful on this diet... Thanks

Replies

• Whitbygramgirl
    Whitbygramgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what this is? Can you clarify?
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My advice would be good luck. I've tried three times before finding out that restrictive diets like keto just aren't for me. If I can't have my beans then no thank you.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Apply to join this group, then read all of the stickies, and ask questions as needed. There are over 30,000 of us, and I assure you that no matter what your question or dilemma, someone there has an answer:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    go to the group mentioned OP ...or you can just try regular old calorie counting with a food scale and use the number that MFP gives you to lose one pound per week ...
  • JoyfulTwilight
    JoyfulTwilight Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have used Eat This Much, which has both a website and an app -- but the bad news is they don't sync (though you can use the Mobile version of website on phone which is kind of like an app). You put in food preferences and nutritional goals and I think you can choose Atkins, low carb type diet. You can also customer set your goals - so you could set to eat 1500 calories max and 50 grams carbs max -- and it does track net carbs too. You select foods you eat and can exclude things (i.e. I excluded mushrooms). You can also select how many times a day you want to eat - like 3 meals, 2 snacks. Then it generates a meal plan, shopping list. You can then go and change up the meal plan if there are things you don't want to eat. It works pretty well and makes meal planning easy. But it doesn't have things that MFP has, such as community support, exercise tracker.