Pole fitness... how to classify in exercise journal???

Options
I just started taking a pole fitness class and it's 10 minutes of warm up/cool down and 50 minutes of aerobic AND strength training combined. There were no categories for this- I've been using Dance- Aerobic, Modern or Ballet but I'm not really sure that I'm getting the actual breakdown between aerobic and strength training- any ideas on how to apply this type of workout so that it's giving me "credit" for both the aerobic aspect as well as the strength training (which is believe it or not... a tremendous amount of this during the workout)??

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Good luck.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Every time I have taken Pole or Arial Silk classes, I have logged them as gymnastics. If you would say the class is about half aerobic and half strength, you could log 25 min of either dance or aerobics and 25 min of gymnastics.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    As Ryan Gosselin says in the movie, "the battle if the sexes is over. We won the minute they started doing pile dancing for exercise."
    :cold_sweat:
  • angelamy1977
    angelamy1977 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Every time I have taken Pole or Arial Silk classes, I have logged them as gymnastics. If you would say the class is about half aerobic and half strength, you could log 25 min of either dance or aerobics and 25 min of gymnastics.

Thanks for the input Julie_broadhead! :)