Is this evil? (How I am avoiding sweets at work)

Options

Replies

• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    evil would be throwing them away so you cant have any
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    nina4w wrote: »
    There are cupcakes in the break room at my work. So, I am telling all my co-workers in the hopes they will eat them all before I go to the break room for lunch.

It's not evil. But it did make me giggle :)
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Hee-hee-hee! EEEEeevvvveeeeellllll. Nyeh-nyeh-nyeh-nyeh-nyeeeehhhhhhh! Keep up the good work!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    No, unless they were not meant for everyone.
    Evil would be telling people untrue things or trying to harm them. Do you believe the cupcakes are actually harmful?
  • iManifestGoals
    iManifestGoals Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm the one who brings crap from home. Leaves it in the break room so I don't eat it. But I'm not sabotaging my darn hard work! :# My baaaaaad.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    No, but spitting on them would be evil and then telling your colleagues that there are cupcakes :smiley: don't do that btw!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Sounds smart to me.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    You could always bring them to my work. I swear, it's unbelievable how fast that stuff flies off the countertops. I think someone in the building must be a swarm of locusts wearing a human disguise.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Dear community, my coworker is sabotaging me by spreading the word when there are cupcakes in the break room, and I suspect she isn't even eating any! What can I do?
    Seriously, you are doing a service. I often bring back a new food product from one of my clients back to the office, and it disappears like magic.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    You could always bring them to my work. I swear, it's unbelievable how fast that stuff flies off the countertops. I think someone in the building must be a swarm of locusts wearing a human disguise.

Same. It's known at my job that if you want anything you need to get to the lounge quick. Certain employees apparently do not know the concept of sharing or taking a bit at a time. This one woman has been known to walk off with entire trays/platters when she feels like it.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    when we get too many goodies around here, I send them to my husband's church for their family dinner day. Nyehh-nyehh-nyehh-nyehh-nyehh! Eeeeviiiill incarnate!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I think it's a very cunning, brilliant idea :+1:
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    They are probably glad to take this bullet for you.

Evil would be forcing them to eat them in the hope you look thinner by comparison or something.
  • nina4w
    nina4w Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Haha. All these responses are great! :)
  • nina4w
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    It's only evil if you brought the cupcakes, on purpose, in order to win the workplace wellness weight loss prize.

... Tempting! Haha.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    We always have sweets at my building due to meetings, people who like to bake, birthday celebrations, and coffee concerts (which during the season we have 2 a month and we order roughly 24-30 dozen donuts per day).

Plus, I now have a new office mate who always buys snacks like coffee cakes and candy and cookies for our office. She gave me a king sized bag of m&ms 2 weeks ago which are still sitting in my desk drawer unopened. My other coworker gave me a bag of triple double stuffed oreos and a bag of chips from a local company for working a boring event. I opened the bag of oreos to share with everyone else, I still have yet to eat one b/c 1 cookie is 100 calories, and took the chips home with me and will have 1 serving size (150 cals) a day until they're gone.

I also keep a bag of dark chocolate hershey kisses in my desk and in a coffee cup for myself and everyone else to have when things get stressful. 1 kiss is about 40 or so calories, so it's a small indulgence for a small price. Normally 1-2 will satisfy my chocolate craving just fine.

It's one of those things that you have to get used to and have to reason with yourself. Is this 1 thing worth the calories or is there something I want more? If the answer is no, I skip it. If it's yes, I'll enjoy some of it. No need to feel guilty. Generally, for me, it's never worth it b/c I'd rather have my after dinner snack that's waiting for me at home.
  • nina4w
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    No, unless they were not meant for everyone.
    Evil would be telling people untrue things or trying to harm them. Do you believe the cupcakes are actually harmful?

Only to my waist line.