Anyone meet their S/O on MFP?

Options
Broejen
Broejen Posts: 413 Member
My boyfriend and I met over 2 1/2 years ago here. I thought his profile pic was interesting so I read his profile and we had a lot in common. I FR'd him and we clicked instantly. We've been together ever since. <3 Last August I moved myself and my two daughters from NS to ON to be with him. :) Thank you MFP for letting me meet the love of my life!

130xcv4nwmez.jpg

Replies

• philbanet
    philbanet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Congrats!
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    That's great!!
  • Broejen
    Options
    I am bookmarking this, for when there's complaints; about this not being a dating website!

Neither of us were on this site to find someone. We were both losing weight to better ourselves. We just happened upon each other by chance. I never thought I'd meet someone online and pursue a relationship!

Some, I'm sure, are actually here to find someone, but I wouldn't call MFP a dating site.

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Jennilyn76 wrote: »
    I am bookmarking this, for when there's complaints; about this not being a dating website!

Neither of us were on this site to find someone. We were both losing weight to better ourselves. We just happened upon each other by chance. I never thought I'd meet someone online and pursue a relationship!

Some, I'm sure, are actually here to find someone, but I wouldn't call MFP a dating site.

I understand, just like people don't go to the grocery store; with that intent either. So no I also wouldn't label MFP a dating website or a grocery store, a place to seek a date either but I definitely won't complain, about it happening. Most people (including those that complain) no doubt met most of their SO's, places that wasn't specifically designated as a place; to find someone to date!
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Congrats you are a really cute couple!
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I did meet my husband on Match <3
  • runto107
    runto107 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congrats you two are super cute together. I honestly think meeting someone from there is great.

I would love to meet a man who also had his own fitness journey and we can then do all these sickening cute couples workouts I see on YouTube all the time lol
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you all!
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • lauraemily84
    lauraemily84 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Jennilyn76 wrote: »
    My boyfriend and I met over 2 1/2 years ago here. I thought his profile pic was interesting so I read his profile and we had a lot in common. I FR'd him and we clicked instantly. We've been together ever since. <3 Last August I moved myself and my two daughters from NS to ON to be with him. :) Thank you MFP for letting me meet the love of my life!

130xcv4nwmez.jpg

Oh wow that's amazing - lovely to hear a story like this xx
  • StillBreathingFitness
    StillBreathingFitness Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    It makes a lot of sense to meet someone here if you think about it. Someone who understands the struggles, the highs and the lows. It's a commonality that many people don't have anymore. All of the people in my daily life could give a *kitten* less about fitness or nutrition. My MFP friends understand me and they also somehow share my twisted humor. It's a place for support and motivation, 2 very key things in a relationship. Congratulations to both of you!

The happiest couples I know met while pursuing their passions. It adds an instant level of understanding and common ground. I know I'll meet someone eventually through fitness somehow. :smile:
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. My wife and I did meet in a AOL chatroom back in 2001. So Yea.... it can happen.
  • Broejen
    Options
    I'm sure there are lots of people out there that have met online. I'd just like to meet a few that have found someone on here unintentionally.
  • jayhawkfan51
    jayhawkfan51 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I did! Feel free to message me :)