Migraine sufferers

Options
2»

Replies

• iManifestGoals
    iManifestGoals Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @Shells918 @CeliaSea Topamax helps with weight loss! ;)
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Chocolate causes migraines for me. (It's actually a common trigger) went from weekly to about one a year.

Other triggers are stress, bright sun, and low blood sugar-if all three happen I might get a migraine.
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I use a daily preventative and then Imitrex as needed. It's changed my life. I hope you find a solution!
  • brighteststitcher
    brighteststitcher Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't the most popular opinion, but I suffered from migraines at least weekly in high school, and the last year probably once a month. I have cut out a lot more caffeine than usual, but what really eliminated them was eating paleo. I have done a few whole30's and I'm not currently eating paleo because it's takes a buttload of time and preparation. I have had one migraine since, about two months so not bad. My recommendation is to do a whole30 or an autoimmune protocol/other elimination diet, and in the reintroduction phase you might be able to see if some food group your eating might be contributing to or causing migraines. You might find your migraines at least lessen in severity.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I used to be in a beta blocker for migraines. But when I lost weight I didn't have them anymore. Stress related.
    It was then that I found the beta blocker all inhibited my workout. Heat rate couldn't get about 120 and when it did get close to that I got dizzy. Body needing more O2 but not getting it die to the blocker limiting my max HR. Doc took me off it. It was great to see 135's and 140 in spin class after that.
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I suffer from migraines triggered by perfumy smells, I have been prescribed Sumatriptan by the doctor which is the only thing that will shift it.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    @Shells918 @CeliaSea Topamax helps with weight loss! ;)

Topamax did help me lose weight in the beginning, but that was in 2006, and it's not helping my migraines anymore.
    I did just get Botox last week (for migraines, from my neurologist) and have still gotten 3 migraines this week.
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Took me 25 years of daily head aches and once a week migraines to figure out that aspartame was causing it all. Since cutting that out they are very very few and far between now. If I have even half a can of diet pop the next morning I have a migrain. I would defiantly look into food triggers. Birth control pills was another one, they gave migraines 3-4 times a week so I can't take them. Good luck to you, I understand how awful it is.

Aspartame and saccharine for me....also hormones...the only time they eased was when I was on continual pill. ....shame I had to come off them