Ladies 5'4 and UNDER... Join the Little Diamonds!

Options

Replies

• Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options
    Name: Toya

Height: 4'11 1/2 ( yes, the half does count, LOL)

My reason for joining the diamond is my partners are not as serious as I am about losing this weight. There is always some excuse. I love my newly found friends on MFP, but, I still want that one-on-one connection. I could help motivate my partner as well as my partner can help motivate me.
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    sounds like fun but since i cant always count on my internet connection i cant play :( i cant commit to something not knowing if i will have connection or not one of ( okay they only drawback of living in the mountains lol ) but good luck to all
  • rw4hawks
    rw4hawks Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Name: Barbara
    Height: 4'2
    My reason for joining the little Dimonds: I like the idea of having a partner during a challenge. So you can support and motivate each other and you can "celebrate" your weight loss together! I'm really looking forward to this challenge! It sounds great and I'll give my best to be a supportive partner for everyone!
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi! If you still have room, I'd like to join.

first name: Val

height: 5'4"

reason for joining The Diamonds Challenge: I really think that I could benefit from having a partner with similar goals. In "real" life, I am going at this alone--no workout partners. I have support, but those in my family/friend circle are very busy and not focused on health and weight loss, so I don't feel like they understand what I am going through or trying to achieve. I love supporting and motivating others, and I really like getting support in return. :happy: Having someone to be accountable to will make me think twice if the thought to stop at a fast food joint ever crosses my mind. :laugh: (Which it won't... I hope...)
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kandee, Sarah, Toya, Barbara and Val! Val, yes there is still room! I know you will love the Diamonds!

• shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    Name: Angie

Height: 4'10 1/2" (I'm with Toya the 1/2 definitely counts :laugh: )

Reason for joining the Diamond Challenge: I want to join the Little Diamonds because hopefully having the support will help me pinpoint why I am not losing the weight on my own. I have tried WW and now I'm doing MFP, but haven't figured out what will work for me (i.e. sticking with 1200 calories/day not counting exercise or eating my exercise calories back).
  • KrystieFTW
    Options
    Name: Krystie

Height: 5'4

Reason for joining the Diamond Challenge: First of all, this seems like it's going to be a very fun group! I look forward to having people to support me and supporting others. I'm a really great listener and love giving advice when I can, so this seems perfect for me since I'll be partnered up. Also, I'm going this pretty much alone in real life. I have my lovely sister who is also on here, but she lives an hour away so I have no gym partner. :( This is just what I need to stay motivated and kick start my weight loss!
  • KrystieFTW
    Options
    Also, sorry if I read over it, but how long is this challenge for?

EDIT: Got this. A month-ish.
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    Also, sorry if I read over it, but how long is this challenge for?

It will go through Aug 15th :smile:
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Hello! I am Nikki and I just about count at 5ft 4.... Always believed I was 5ft 5 but at the gym I was measured the other day and I appear to have lost an inch! The best things come in small packages eh?!

I have really enjoyed the last two rounds of DITR, although I have only lost 6 pounds, I am not putting it on, so that's progress... I guess the closer u get to the goal, the tougher it gets to shift the weight.

I love having the support network that diamonds provides and it keeps me accountable for diet and exercise.
  • KrystieFTW
    Options

Thanks! I figured it out right before you posted that. It's too early for reading apparently. LOL
  • miss_jamaica
    Options

Thanks! I figured it out right before you posted that. It's too early for reading apparently. LOL

Sorry ladies, I totally should have put that in the introduction as well! Each round of the challenge is now four weeks. (In the past they were 7 weeks, but 4 is a bit more manageable).
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm Kristin, and I'm 5'2". I have loved being a diamond, and I like the idea of buddying up with a fellow "petite" :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I have lost a total of 18 lbs, and am just over 1/2 way to my goal. I know it will be more difficult to lose consistently as I get closer to goal, so this challenge is even more important to me!
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to give you a shout out for starting the Diamonds challenge. Unfortunately, I can't make the daily commitment to message this month so I won't ask to join...I don't want to slight anyone. Maybe I'll peek in on the thread and be able to join the next round. Great job ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • Lo2101
    Lo2101 Posts: 8
    Options
    Name: Laurence

Height: 5'4

Reason for joining the Diamond Challenge: I have been trying to lose weight by myself and I realized that I am struggling to lose my 22 last pounds alone. I love the idea to have a partner and I will be happy to succeed with people who have the same goal.
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    I just wanted to give you a shout out for starting the Diamonds challenge. Unfortunately, I can't make the daily commitment to message this month so I won't ask to join...I don't want to slight anyone. Maybe I'll peek in on the thread and be able to join the next round. Great job ladies! :flowerforyou:

Thank you chica! ...and I will definitely be around for at least three more rounds :-)
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Name: Michelle

Height : 5'4"
    My reason for wanting to join the Little Diamonds is because since I joined MFP I have been more motivated to workout and eat healthy. Joining little Dimonds will give me that extra one on one support that I need to help me meet my weight loss goal.
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • LollipopViolet
    LollipopViolet Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Name: Vicki

Height 5ft 2

Reason for Joining: I'm fairly new to MFP, and although I've lost a pound in my first week, I really feel like, if I have a partner dedicated to helping me and supporting me, I can achieve so much more. I enjoy writing, love making new friends, especially all over the world, and feel that by joining I could combine these two things. I also feel that being part of a team would make me think more about my choices and also make me come online and participate every day, even if it has to be in the evening or something. I also have a few events coming up and need that extra push so that I look and feel good, and therefore confident, at them.