Peanut butter

Options
What PB do u guys recommend and how much should you have as a breakfast portion

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 , which is dried with the fat removed. There are haters (see, e.g., http://foodbabe.com/2012/09/16/the-truth-about-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter/) but for my calorie/ flavor needs, it's what I use. I use the listed portion size (12 g dry) in oatmeal or mixed with water for PB sandwiches
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have whole earth smooth.

And as much as you can fit in your calories and macros!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I generally eat JiF Naturals and have 2TBSP whenever I eat it. I am within 5lbs of my goal and I am not restricting as much. Early in my journey I ate 1TBSP because the 100 calories made a difference.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    PbCrave razzle dazzle or coco bananas.

Peanut butter & co. White chocolate wonderful or cinnamon raisin swirl.

Unfortunately peanut butter & co. Pumpkin spice isn't available in the UK.

Amount? Whatever fits.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Cashew butter for me beats PB any day
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    If we're talking other spreads then it's speculoos all day.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I do a tablespoon on a piece of toast for breakfast. If you like Nutella and Banana so one side with PB one with Nutella and sliced banana in the middle and eat it like a sandwich. so good!
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    SKIPPY
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,224 Member
    Options
    Any peanut butter that doesn't have hydrogenated fats/oils in the ingredient list, that you find affordable & tasty.

Personally, I prefer brands that use roasted peanuts (yeah, some use raw) and a little salt, nothing else. And I'm a crunchy-style peanut butter eater, all the way.

2 tablespoons (which is 30g in the brand I'm using now) is going to be around 200 calories (plus or minus, depending on brand), and that's a reasonable portion for most of my purposes.

I use PB2 Original to make pseudo-Asian peanut sauce for veggies, and PB2 Chocolate as an occasional Greek yogurt additive, but normal peanut butter for spreading on stuff. PB2 has the oil removed, but they add a little sugar (surprise!).
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I use PB Fit that is sold at Costco. I carefully reconstitute it to the consistency of normal peanut butter and then to me, I don't see any difference between it and regular peanut butter except this has way less calories. I'm never going back to regular peanut butter.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    A peanut butter and banana sandwich topped w/some honey on your bread of choice would be a delicious snack.

Just have to allow for the roughly 600 cals that it will cost you. :)
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own nut butters - no extra added to the nuts except I will toast them first.

I use PB2 on occasion too - just stay CLEAR of Walden Farms 'peanut butter'...that stuff will
    make you want to cut your tongue out!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The best peanut butter is the one you like. I take a tablespoon at a time. I like Kraft smooth.

Try it in your cooked oatmeal with a teaspoon of honey and 1/3 cup Greek yogurt.

http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2016/02/peanut-butter-oatmeal.html?m=1
  • gregsbutler13
    gregsbutler13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter isn't bad for you if you use it properly. I eat a couple servings typically in a day for the fat content as well as a little protein. Plus it's a great fuel source for before a workout. I do try to stay with a more natural kind, but it can be pricey sometimes.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I buy plain ol Kraft crunchy peanut butter. I've tried the natural ones, but they are too bland tasting, although they did stop me from having PB binges lol

If you're a fan of chocolate and peanut butter, this stuff is amazing.

tq7fjk4jgmlm.jpg
  • reineke1992
    reineke1992 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the posts. I appreciate it
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 , which is dried with the fat removed. There are haters (see, e.g., http://foodbabe.com/2012/09/16/the-truth-about-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter/) but for my calorie/ flavor needs, it's what I use. I use the listed portion size (12 g dry) in oatmeal or mixed with water for PB sandwiches
    PB2 is life. I like to mix 6-7g of it with 16-17g chunky peanut butter and Greek yogurt/cottage cheese.The PB2 + peanut butter combo tastes like 2+ Tbsp of peanut butter but with significantly fewer calories.

Now I really want to try reconstituting PB2 with some unsweetened almond/cashew milk for PB sandwiches.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Any peanut butter that tastes good to you. I have a single serving just on a spoon for a midafternoon snack most days.