I talked myself into exercising!

AmyNVegas
AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
Okay maybe a small feat for some but I have been really tired the past two days for no good reason. I have done very well doing at least 15 min a day of something and even 30 some days then I did water aerobics(60 min) and strength training on Monday, but yesterday I talked myself out of the gym and just ate my regular calories. Today I had decided to do the same because I still felt worn down. But then I said "OH NO! You always do this! :grumble: You are not talking yourself out of this!" So myself talked myself into it. I did the 2 mile WATP video. Now if myself can just find a way to get the extra calories in LOL!:laugh:

Amy:bigsmile:
118984.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    Okay maybe a small feat for some but I have been really tired the past two days for no good reason. I have done very well doing at least 15 min a day of something and even 30 some days then I did water aerobics(60 min) and strength training on Monday, but yesterday I talked myself out of the gym and just ate my regular calories. Today I had decided to do the same because I still felt worn down. But then I said "OH NO! You always do this! :grumble: You are not talking yourself out of this!" So myself talked myself into it. I did the 2 mile WATP video. Now if myself can just find a way to get the extra calories in LOL!:laugh:

118984.png
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    woot woot!!! Good job!! You should be very proud of yourself!

You should pick some kind of (non-food) treat to reward yourself for making the right decision.

I bought a new mascara today to celebrate another pound gone... I was super happy not to reward myself with food (as I used to do WAYYY too often)
    :bigsmile:
  • AmyNVegas
    Thanks for the idea- I need to start making a list of non-food rewards that I can give myself for these things and for pounds gone. Any suggestions? Thanks again!:flowerforyou:

118984.png
  • I just found a good calorie taker. GRAPES. 2 cups of seedless red grapes are a whopping 208 calories. I will always have them on hand for those too many calorie days. Just a suggestion. Oh and Congrats!!! I know those days I had one yesterday. My DH came in our room and said I thought you were tired. (I was working out on the gazelle) I said I am, but, laying there watching tv is not going to get this weight off. I was so proud of me. I tooted my own hord. You toot away!!! Great Job Amy!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Beeeep beep beeeeeppp beeppp beeeeeepppp! That's me tooting your horn too! Way to go Amy!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • AmyNVegas
    That's great suprjewels! We'll get there! Slow and steady and persevering wins the race!:flowerforyou: Have to find me some grapes this weekend!

118984.png
  • AmyNVegas
    Thanks lulubar! You are so great thanks for being there to help me celebrate!:flowerforyou:

118984.png
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Amy that is so great and I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AmyNVegas
    Thanks Laura we're trucking along are we not!:drinker: :flowerforyou:

118984.png
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Thanks for the idea- I need to start making a list of non-food rewards that I can give myself for these things and for pounds gone. Any suggestions? Thanks again!:flowerforyou:

When I hit 40 pounds lost, I got an awesome pedicure...and my toenails were BRIGHT pink...I think the picture of my toes is on my profile lol...it was great!
  • AmyNVegas
    I think I am planning treating myself to a perm when my taxes come in. I want my hair back curly like in my pic. That will be a double bonus I can reward myself and feel good with my new hair do!

118984.png
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Way to go Amy!!!!!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Cheers to you!!!!!

Memaw
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Victory! It's amazing the power that we have over our own actions... ie the talking into or talking out of. It's like you're taking the same power that used to say "I'll always be big" or "I'm not strong enough" and using it for a completely different purpose.

You've got the power!!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Way to Go Amy!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

I remember times when I would just feel so run down and wouldn't want to exercise...but I remember then that after I exercise I always feel so much better!!

As far as rewards...I have been rewarding myself with new mp3's for my mp3 player - which I use when I work out!

Keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • AmyNVegas
    Thanks all! I have more energy today since I exercised last night! Thanks for the encouragement.:flowerforyou:

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member

118984.png

Yay!!! And, isn't having too many extra calories to eat the BESTEST problem in the whole word?!?! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Great Job Amy!!! Woohoo!!
    I always find myself talking my way out of working out. But isn't it great once its over and you can feel so much better about it!?!?!

Thanks for the encouragment!!! Keep up the awesome work AMY!!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member

118984.png

some ideas:
    get your hair done, or buy a new yummy-smelling shampoo/conditioner
    scented lotions/bubble baths/body wash/scrubs
    new color of nail polish/mani/pedi (OMG get a ped-egg they ROCK)
    get a massage
    make a new playlist on your ipod
    buy yourself a new book
    get a magazine (I call em brain-candy)
    new shoes (they'll always fit no matter how much weight you lose)
    new purse/wallet
    rent a video/go to the movie theater
    new hobby supplies ( I like to knit so I'll get a new color/texture of yarn)
    flowers/plant for your house/classroom
    try a new kind of exercise class/lesson

you get the idea. pamper yourself without it being about feeding yourself. you'll start to see food as nutrition and fuel, not as a reward.

YAY Amy!! Now get out there and do something swell for yourself:flowerforyou:
  • Good for you Amy! I plan on rewarding myself with a pedi when I lose my first 5. :happy:
  • WTG Amy! It is so hard to get motivated to workout when you are tired. I think that's wonderful you worked through it and found your spark to get moving! Maybe you could send some of that my way when I don't feel like getting my butt in gear!! :wink: :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!