Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Which stereotype are you aiming for?
  • Remilia_Scarlet
    Remilia_Scarlet Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it counts, but I'm basically the opposite: gay lady who's getting in shape to defy the obese lesbian stereotype. I mean, it isn't my primary motivation, but it does help.

I do have male friends who have complained about not meeting the grindr ideal. Some (mostly femmes) just accept that they don't look like that and move on, but I know a couple who have used it as motivation to pick up bodybuilding. So you're not alone!
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Caring what others want to see is not motivation for all, but I confess it motivates me hugely - especially hanging out with fitter friends. Most of my gay friends work very hard on their bodies and appearance...lol, wish my straight guy friends would take a note. ;)
    The company you keep could be a good motivator.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    At first honestly it was one of my main reasons to lose weight was to try to fit into that stereotype. 65 # lost and now more about health and pushing myself. Yes I am still doing it for vanity's sake but that reason number 5 out of 5 reasons.
  • MQEnglishIV
    MQEnglishIV Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yeah there is a stereotype. Guys are pretty visual while straight women have to make sure partners are reliable/loyal and won't leave em for a younger model. I know it can be a challenge and it takes time. At the same time though you're becoming a more healthy you. :)