Wellbutrin sr for weight loss??

Options
2»

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i couldn't take it. I tried for two weeks but i had severe vertigo on it. i lost weight but that's because I was sick from the world swirling around me
  • sijaeabc
    sijaeabc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I took Wellbutrin for depression (twice) and found that it reduced my appetite and also helped eliminate compulsive eating behaviors like continuing to eat when full or talking oneself into eating when not hungry or eating things one had already decided not to have (it was designed as an anti-smoking drug after all).

I had to go off the med after about 9 months each time for hair loss - a supposedly rare but known side effect. In response to my desire to continue the effects of relieving compulsive eating, my psychiatrist and I talked about trying Vyvance (an amphetamine ADHD med) but since that was brand name and more expensive we decided to try the other kind of ADHD drug (methylphenidate) first. So I went on Concerta and have found that for me it has all the benefits of Wellbutrin only better. I feel great, no side effects so far, much less compulsive feelings (about anything) and the typical slight reduction in appetite that comes with these kinds of drugs. I actually think it has worked in terms of depression better than Wellbutrin also - and I didn't suffer through the phase of digestive upset or headaches that Wellbutrin can have in the first couple of weeks.

YMMV